Matt Wilson (singer)
|Birth name||Matthew Robert Wilson|
|Born||March 28, 1963|
Hennepin County, Minnesota, U.S.
|Genres||Alternative rock, rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, drums|
|Labels||Planet Maker Records|
|Associated acts||Trip Shakespeare, The Flops, The Twilight Hours, Polara, Dan Wilson|
While Wilson was an English concentrator at Harvard University, he met John Munson and Elaine Harris and formed the band Trip Shakespeare. After the breakup he was a drummer for a Minneapolis band called Polara. He also produced albums for Steel Shank, Magnet, The Wonsers, and Velma.
In 1998, he released an album called Burnt, White and Blue on his own label, Planet Maker Records.
He had an online project called "Main Output" at MattWilson.com (which is now owned by a different Matt Wilson) where he posted songs in progress (like "The Follidaze of Highland Heights", "Raking Service" and "Troublemaker") and funny photo journals but eventually abandoned it.
Wilson has performed as Matt Wilson and His Orchestra and as a member of The Twilight Hours.
- Minnesota, Birth Index, 1935–2002
- Kara McHugh Kalupson. "TS-The Mystery". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on October 27, 2009. Retrieved August 4, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Matt Wilson". Angelfire.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  Archived June 9, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "The Flops: Information and Much More from". Answers.com. Retrieved August 4, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "John Munson and Matt Wilson ascend to Soft Rock Heaven". The Twilight Hours. Retrieved August 4, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)