Matt Vogel (swimmer)
|Full name||Matthew Haynes Vogel|
|National team||United States|
|Born||June 3, 1957|
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg)|
|College team||University of Tennessee|
Matthew Haynes Vogel (born June 3, 1957) is an American former competition swimmer, Olympic gold medalist, and former world record-holder. He competed at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal where he received gold medals in the 100-meter butterfly, and the 4×100-meter medley relay.
Vogel set one world record during his career, in 4×100-meter medley relay.
Vogel was formerly the head coach of Coastal Maine Aquatics in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Before coaching at CMA he was the head coach of Fort Wayne Aquatics.
- List of members of the International Swimming Hall of Fame
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- List of University of Tennessee people
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres medley relay
- "1976 Olympics – Montreal, Canada – Swimming" Archived 2010-12-25 at the Wayback Machine – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on May 2, 2008)
- "Coach Vogel's Philosophy on Swimming". ftwayneaquatics.org. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- International Swimming Hall of Fame, Honorees, Matt Vogel (USA). Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Matt Vogel at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Matt Vogel at the International Olympic Committee
- Matt Vogel (USA) – Honor Swimmer profile at International Swimming Hall of Fame
( NCAA Champion 100yd Butterfly 1976 ( SEC Champion 100yd Butterfly, 400yd Medley Relay 1976
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|