|Full name||Mama Samba Baldé|
|Date of birth||6 November 1995|
|Place of birth||Bissau, Guinea-Bissau|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2014−2019||Sporting CP B||58||(1)|
|2015||→ Benfica Castelo Branco (loan)||10||(1)|
|2017–2019||→ Aves (loan)||41||(11)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 12:07, 17 March 2023 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 21:05, 19 January 2022 (UTC)
Mama Samba Baldé (born 6 November 1995) is a Bissau-Guinean professional footballer who plays as a winger and right-back for Ligue 1 club Troyes and the Guinea-Bissau national team. He also holds Portuguese citizenship.
Born in Bissau, Baldé moved to Portugal before his tenth birthday. In 2013, he signed with Sporting CP for his last year as a junior, arriving for free from Sintrense.
Baldé made his professional debut with the reserves on 11 May 2014, coming on as a 75th-minute substitute in a 1–0 away win against Braga B in the Segunda Liga. In January 2015, he was loaned to third division side Benfica de Castelo Branco until June.
Returned to Sporting B for 2015–16, Baldé scored his first league goal on 30 September 2015, but in a 1–3 home defeat to Olhanense. He totalled 38 appearances during the season, helping to a tenth-place finish in the second tier.
Baldé went on loan to Primeira Liga club Aves in the summer of 2017. His first match in the competition occurred on 11 September, when he started as a right-back in the 2–1 home victory over Belenenses.
In February 2019, Baldé became Aves' all-time scorer in the Portuguese top flight with nine goals.
On 27 June 2019, Baldé joined Dijon on a three-year contract. He made his Ligue 1 debut on 10 August, playing the first half of a 1–2 home loss against Saint-Étienne.
Baldé scored seven times during the 2020–21 campaign, but his team suffered relegation as last.
On 31 July 2021, Baldé agreed to a four-year deal at Troyes in the same country and league.
Baldé won his first cap for Guinea-Bissau on 8 June 2019, in a friendly against Angola where he replaced Toni Silva (2–0 loss in Penafiel). He was selected in the squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
- ^ a b c d "Mama Baldé" (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- ^ a b Casaca, Manuel (15 February 2019). "Uma viagem ao passado de Mama Baldé: "Rendeu bola, como diz o outro"" [A trip to Mama Baldé's past: "We got the short end of the stick, as they say"]. O Jogo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- ^ "Esgaio decide com penálti "à Panenka"" [Esgaio decides it with "Panenka-like" penalty]. O Jogo (in Portuguese). 11 May 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- ^ "CNS: Benfica e Castelo Branco reforça-se no Sporting e Paços" [CNS: Benfica e Castelo Branco bolster in Sporting and Paços] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- ^ "Sporting B-Olhanense, 1–3: Leões derrotados com Labyad em campo" [Sporting B-Olhanense, 1–3: Lions defeated with Labyad on the pitch]. Record (in Portuguese). 30 September 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- ^ "OFICIAL: Sporting empresta Mama Baldé ao Desp. Aves" [OFFICIAL: Sporting loan Mama Baldé to Desp. Aves] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- ^ "Reviravolta tira Aves dos lugares de descida" [Comeback takes Aves from relegation zone] (in Portuguese). Rádio Renascença. 11 September 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- ^ "Mama Baldé signe à Dijon (officiel)" [Mama Baldé signs with Dijon (official)]. Le Figaro (in French). 27 June 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- ^ "Saint-Etienne tue le match à Dijon en 10 minutes" [Saint-Etienne kill match at Dijon in 10 minutes] (in French). Be Soccer. 10 August 2019. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- ^ "Officiel | Troyes recrute l'ailier Mama Baldé de Dijon" [Official | Troyes bring in winger Mama Baldé from Dijon] (in French). Sport News 24. 31 July 2021. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- ^ "Mama Baldé s'engage avec l'ESTAC!" [Mama Baldé commits to ESTAC!] (in French). ES Troyes. 31 July 2021. Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- ^ "Angola bate Guiné-Bissau em jogo com vários "portugueses"" [Angola beat Guinea-Bissau in match with several "Portuguese"] (in Portuguese). TVI 24. 8 June 2019. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- ^ Soliman, Seif (12 June 2019). "Ittihad's Toni Silva named in Guinea Bissau's AFCON squad". KingFut. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
- ^ "Aves ganha a Taça de Portugal graças a bis de Guedes" [Aves win Portuguese Cup thanks to Guedes brace]. O Jogo (in Portuguese). 20 May 2018. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- Mama Baldé at ForaDeJogo (archived)
- Portuguese League profile (in Portuguese)
- Mama Baldé at L'Équipe Football (in French)
- Mama Baldé at National-Football-Teams.com
- Mama Baldé at Soccerway
- 1995 births
- Living people
- Sportspeople from Bissau
- Bissau-Guinean footballers
- Association football defenders
- Association football wingers
- Association football utility players
- Primeira Liga players
- Liga Portugal 2 players
- Campeonato de Portugal (league) players
- S.U. Sintrense players
- Sporting CP B players
- Sport Benfica e Castelo Branco players
- C.D. Aves players
- Ligue 1 players
- Dijon FCO players
- ES Troyes AC players
- Guinea-Bissau international footballers
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations players
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations players
- Bissau-Guinean expatriate footballers
- Expatriate footballers in Portugal
- Expatriate footballers in France
- Bissau-Guinean expatriate sportspeople in Portugal
- Bissau-Guinean expatriate sportspeople in France