|Birth name||Jeffrey E. Cardoni|
|Born||1972 (age 48–49)|
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Genres||film score, piano, rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, arranger, musician, composer|
|Instruments||piano, guitar, drums|
Jeffrey E. Cardoni (born 1972) is an American composer. He is a multi-instrumentalist who studied classical piano before playing drums and guitar in numerous bands, including a brief stint with the rock band Alien Crime Syndicate.
After graduating James M. Coughlin High School, Cardoni studied engineering at Pennsylvania State University. Cardoni is best known for his work on television projects such as CSI: Miami, Silicon Valley (TV series), The Defenders, The League, Wilfred, and film scores, such as Step Up: All In, The Vicious Kind, Just Friends, Firehouse Dog, and many others. Cardoni also did the score for Open Season 3.
Cardoni studied classical piano beginning age 7. While touring with Alien Crime Syndicate, the group's manager suggested he enroll in UCLA film scoring classes. It was these courses that piqued Cardoni's interest in the film music industry.
Cardoni has stated that his classical training has greatly informed his compositional style—whereas many composers prioritize computer technology in their scores and workflows, he prefers to work with musical instruments whenever possible, and continues to hand notate themes in his scores whenever taking on a new project. He also identifies himself as partial to "old-fashioned" scores that put melody above ambient sonic textures. Despite this proclivity, he recognizes that the current nature of the film music industry necessitates familiarity and fluency with various pieces of software and technology, which he includes in his current studio setup. Cardoni has explained that the meeting point between the worlds of technology and melodic counterpoint has informed some of his scores, including The Secret Lives of Dorks (2013).
Awards and nominations
|2019||Can You Keep a Secret?||Composer|
|2017||The Female Brain||Composer|
|2017||Once Upon a Time in Venice||Composer|
|2017||Bad Kids of Crestview Academy||Composer|
|2016||Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates||Composer|
|2016||Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life||Composer|
|2016||Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life||Composer|
|2015||The Better Half||Composer|
|2014||Step Up: All In||Composer|
|2014||Atari: Game Over||Composer|
|2014||The Michael J. Fox Show||Composer|
|2013||The Secret Lives of Dorks||Composer|
|2012||Guns, Girls and Gambling||Composer|
|2012||Time Machine Chefs||Composer|
|2010||Open Season 3||Composer|
|2009||The Vicious Kind||Composer|
|2007-2009||The Drinky Crow Show||Composer|
|2005||Love for Rent||Composer|
|2004-2007||Pimp My Ride||Composer|
|2004||House of Clues||Composer|
|2003||Where the Red Fern Grows||Composer|
- http://www.artandliving.com/jm/us/creators/music/140-jeff-cardoni-a-kevin-kiner[permanent dead link]
- Film.Music.Media (September 13, 2013), Composer Interview: Jeff Cardoni, retrieved January 17, 2017
- Shop, Umlaut. "Insights from Experts: Composer Jeff Cardoni and his creative journey". Umlaut Shop. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Q&A With Composer Jeff Cardoni – Future Composer". Archived from the original on January 18, 2017. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Film Music Friday: Jeff Cardoni on A Perfect Man". www.ascap.com. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Jeff Cardoni – Awards". IMDb. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Latest Feature Film/TV Series/TV Movie Titles With Jeff Cardoni". IMDb. Retrieved January 17, 2017.