The first week of October coinciding with Canadian Thanksgiving means ideal weather, delicious food and a full calendar of events have come together to make this weekend the perfect time to explore Niagara. Whether your perfect long weekend means sweater weather and warm autumn hues or a gourmet thanksgiving meal overlooking the wonder of Niagara Falls, find it all here!
- Be amazed by the transition to fall as you walk, run, bicycle, or wheelchair on the Niagara River Recreation Trail. You’ll enjoy breathtaking views complemented by bold, orange, red, and gold hues of the trees that surround you on this trail that runs from Fort Erie to Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Head to the Ball's Falls Thanksgiving Festival where there is plenty to do, see and explore! Discover the works, handmade treasures, delicious food and endless entertainment from nearly 200 vendors all weekend from 10am until 5 pm.
- See the Skylon Tower go gold for Thanksgiving, as the tower is lit up on Monday to honour the holiday. From there head down to the Falls to view the stunning illumination and fireworks show - also available Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening!
- Enjoy a Thanksgiving feast with Niagara Parks! Their Fallsview restaurant, Elements on the Falls, will be offering a prix fixe Thanksgiving menu Saturday - Monday featuring an incredible spread of local foods. Two of their other restaurants, Queenston Heights and Whirlpool Restaurant are offering Thanksgiving brunch on Sunday with complementing views that overlook Niagara Wine Country.
- For a lighter fare, stop in at Inniskillin Winery to enjoy their Thanksgiving Market Grill. Sip a glass of wine on their sunny piazza, paired with Executive Chef Tim Mackiddie’s house-smoked meat and locally sourced cheeses.
- Break out the lederhosen and celebrate Niagara Falls Oktoberfest with delicious German food, beer and entertainment - happening Friday and Saturday at the Scotiabank Convention Centre.
- Get into the Halloween spirit a little early, and bring the whole family for a little dress-up fun with Boo at the Zoo! This annual event is unlike any other Halloween party you'll attend, as you trick-or-treat through Safari Niagara among the wild inhabitants!
Don't forget the Go Train is running direct from Toronto to Niagara Falls this weekend - making it extremely easy to enjoy some Niagara fun!
This just a sample of what you'll encounter this weekend in Niagara Falls! Visit the Thanksgiving page below to learn more!