If you want to delete a photo from Google’s search results, you’ll usually need to work with the person who owns the site that has the image.
How to remove an imageRemove an image from someone else’s site
Google may remove images if they contain sensitive personal information, like a credit card number or a picture of your signature, or if the images are "revenge porn." The Removal Policies explain what types of images may be removed.
- If the image you want to remove is covered in our Removal Policies, ask Google to remove the image from Google search results. Learn more about removing "revenge porn" from Google search results.
- If you believe the image should be removed from Google's search results for legal reasons, visit the legal removals page.
- If the image is not covered in our Removal Policies, contact the site's webmaster to ask them to remove the image.
After an image is removed from a website, it may still appear in search results for a little while.
To remove these images from search results, follow these steps:
- Search on images.google.com for the image you want to find.
- Select the image link by right clicking on the image thumbnail and choosing Copy link address.
Note: Different browsers may have different names for copying link location.
- Go to the Remove outdated content page.
- In the box next to "Request removal," paste the URL.
- Click Request removal.
- If you see the message "We think the image or web page you're trying to remove hasn't been removed by the site owner," follow the steps on the screen to give us more information.
- If you see the message "This content is no longer live on the website," click Request removal.
If the image is on your site, learn how to block content from your site from Google Search results.
If you uploaded a photo to a Google product, use the links below to learn how to remove it:
Why Google doesn’t remove most images
Most images that show up in Google’s search results are from websites that aren’t owned by Google. Since we aren’t the owners of these sites, we can’t remove the images from the web.
Even if we delete the image from Google’s search results, the image still exists and can be found on other search engines, or if people visit the URL directly.
This is why your best option is to contact the site's webmaster who can remove the page entirely.