Doug Belgrad in 2015
|Occupation||Film producer/CEO, 2.0 Entertainment|
|Men in Black, Bad Boys, The Social Network, Zero Dark Thirty|
Doug Belgrad is an American film and television producer. He was previously an executive at Sony for nearly 27 years before founding 2.0 Entertainment, a film and television production and co-financing company based at Sony. He is known for supervising films such as Men in Black and Bad Boys for Sony Pictures.
Belgrad was raised in Highland Park, Illinois. His father owned and operated a furniture manufacturing business founded by his grandfather. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1987 with a bachelor's degree in history. He began his career at Kidder, Peabody as a securities analyst, specializing in media and entertainment companies, before joining Columbia Pictures in 1989.
In 2008, he was named co-president of production at Sony Pictures Entertainment with Matt Tolmach. In 2010, Tolmach left Sony Pictures Entertainment and Belgrad was named as sole president of the studio. Belgrad worked on The Karate Kid (2010 film), which was the second co-production between a Hollywood studio and a Chinese studio, and the first shot entirely on the mainland. In June 2016, it was announced that Belgrad would be leaving Sony to move into a producing role.
|2018||Peter Rabbit||Executive Producer||Columbia Pictures
Sony Pictures Animation
Olive Bridge Entertainment
|Sony Pictures Releasing||Released|
|2019||Zombieland: Double Tap||Columbia Pictures|
|Charlie's Angels||Producer||Columbia Pictures|
Perfect World Pictures
The Cantillon Company
|2020||Bad Boys for Life||Columbia Pictures|
Don Simpson/Jerry Bruckheimer Films
|Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway||Executive Producer||Columbia Pictures
Olive Bridge Entertainment
|Title||Role||First aired||Last aired||Season||Episode(s)||Co-production||Network||Notes|
|L.A.'s Finest||Executive producer||May 13, 2019||present||2||26||2.0 Entertainment
Jerry Bruckheimer Television
Sony Pictures Television
- Fleming, Mike, Jr. (September 8, 2016). "Doug Belgrad Launches 2.0, Will Co-Fi 'Bad Boys' & 'Zombieland' Sequels, 'Charlie's Angels'".
- McClintock, Pamela (July 17, 2012). "Executive Suite". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Deadline: "Matt Tolmach Discusses Exit As Sony Pics Prez And Segue To Producing 'Spider-Man'" by Mike Fleming Jr October 29, 2010
- Borys Kit Matt Tolmach Steps Down From Columbia Pictures to Produce Spider-Man hollywoodreporter.com, Retrieved on November 27, 2013
- "Longtime Columbia Pictures Ciefs Matt Tolmach And Doug Belgrad Transition Into New Roles". Moviecitynews.com. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- "'Karate Kid' update breaks down some Chinese walls". Los Angeles Times. May 30, 2010.
- Busch, Anita (June 3, 2016). "Sony Pictures' Doug Belgrad Stepping Down As Motion Picture Group President".
- "Peter Rabbit (2018) - Financial Information". The Numbers.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 13, 2018). "NBC's 'Bad Boys' Offshoot Pilot Has Title".
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|