David Ames (actor)
|Born||10 August 1983|
|Known for||Holby City|
David Albert  Ames (born 10 August 1983) is a British actor, best known for his portrayal of Dominic Copeland in the medical drama Holby City. He made his first appearance in Holby City on 23 April 2013.
Early life and career
Before getting a degree in drama, Ames was involved in plays at college. He appeared in the play The Temperamentals as Rudi Geinrich at Greenwich Theatre. So So Gay called his performance in the play "touching". In 2013, he joined the cast of Holby City as Dominic Copeland for a guest role but the producers of Holby City decided to reintroduce the character on a permanent basis in 2014. Dominic Copeland was not the first Holby City character he auditioned for.
|2008||He Kills Coppers||Young Man||TV Movie|
|2009||Doctor Who||Nathan||Episode: Planet of the Dead|
|2011||Doctor Who: The Adventure Games - The Gunpowder Plot||Thomas Percy||Voice|
|2013–2022||Holby City||Dominic Copeland||Series regular|
- Leng, Stephen (30 January 2017). "Lorraine quizzes Holby City star David Ames about '50 Shades of Holby' fan fiction writ". OK! Magazine. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Butterworth, Benjamin (August 2014). "David Ames: Holby hunk Dr Copeland gets a full examination talking weight battles, Gandalf and being out and on TV". Gay Times (436): 42–51.
- Gonsalves, Andrew (24 April 2011). "Behind the scene: four of the London Marathon's gay runners". So So Gay. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Ewing, Ed (3 June 2011). "Review: The Temperamentals, Greenwich Theatre". Greenwich. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Gonsalves, Andrew (7 June 2011). "Theatre Review: The Temperamentals". So So Gay. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (17 September 2013). "Exclusive: 'Holby City' confirms two new characters, Dominic return". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Holby star David Ames: 'Dom is definitely going to spice things up'". What's on TV. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Dainty, Sophie (9 January 2014). "Holby City's David Ames: 'Dominic's return will spice things up'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Q&A with David Ames". BBC. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Griffin, Cheryl (15 January 2014). "David Ames Interview". Holby.tv. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (10 June 2016). "Holby City's David Ames on Arthur Digby's death aftermath: 'Dominic lashes out and shuts down'". Digital Spy.
- Tabberer, Jamie (12 November 2014). "#Trailblazer: David Ames: 'My friend was mistaken for a Thai sex worker!'". Gay Star News. Retrieved 1 February 2019.