Dobbs Ferry station
Dobbs Ferry station is a commuter rail stop on the Metro-North Railroad's Hudson Line, located in Dobbs Ferry, New York. Trains leave for New York City every 25 to 30 minutes. It is 19.9 miles from Grand Central Terminal and travel time to Grand Central is about 44 minutes by local train.
|Location||11 Station Plaza, Dobbs Ferry, New York|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Bee-Line Bus System: 1C, 1T, 1W, 6, 66|
|Opened||September 29, 1849|
|Electrified||700V (DC) third rail|
Dobbs Ferry station opened on September 29, 1849 with its origins as part of the Hudson River Railroad. The current station house, which was built in 1889 by the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad, became a Penn Central station upon the merger between NYC and Pennsylvania Railroad in 1968 like many NYCRR stations in Westchester County, until it was taken over by Conrail in 1976, and then by Metro-North Railroad in 1983. It was restored between 2006 and 2008 by Metro-North. The station house is now a local bar and grille.
The station has two slightly offset high-level side platforms–each eight cars long. The two inner tracks not next to either platform are used by express trains, one of which does not include a third rail.:3
|M||Mezzanine||Station Plaza exit/entrance, connection between platforms|
|Track 3||← Hudson Line toward Croton–Harmon (Ardsley-on-Hudson)|
|Track 1||← Hudson Line express service do not stop here |
← Empire Corridor services do not stop here
|Track 2||Empire Corridor services do not stop here → |
Hudson Line express service do not stop here →
|Track 4||Hudson Line toward Grand Central (Hastings-on-Hudson) →|
|Street level||Western exit/entrance and parking|
- "Hudson River Railroad". The Evening Post. New York, New York. October 2, 1849. p. 4. Retrieved December 8, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Metro-North and Villages Celebrate Completion of Station Work At Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, Ardsley and Irvington (MTA Press Release; June 20, 2008)
- Hudson Social (Official site)
- "Metro-North Railroad Track & Structures Department Track Charts Maintenance Program Interlocking Diagrams & Yard Diagrams 2015" (PDF). Metro-North Railroad. 2015. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Media related to Dobbs Ferry station at Wikimedia Commons
- Metro-North station page for Dobbs Ferry
- Ferry List of upcoming Metro-North train departure times and track assignments from MTA
- Dobbs Ferry Metro-North Station (TheSubwayNut)
- Station House from Google Maps Street View
- North entrance from Google Maps Street View
- on YouTube