Comic Sans (film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Nevio Marasović|
|Produced by||Ankica Jurić Tilić|
|Written by||Nevio Marasović|
Janko Popović Volarić
|Starring||Janko Popović Volarić|
|Edited by||Tomislav Pavlic|
A successful graphic designer Alan Despot (Janko Popović Volarić), after trying in vain to renew a broken relationship with his girlfriend (Nataša Janjić) experiences an emotional breakdown. Persuaded by his concerned mother (Alma Prica) he goes to the island of Vis with his estranged and eccentric father (Zlatko Burić) to arrange a funeral for their deceased aunt. There he meets another ex-girlfriend (Inti Šraj) and her fiancé (Miha Rodman). New situations and circumstances help Alan to view his own life from a new perspective.
- Janko Popović Volarić as Alan
- Zlatko Burić as Bruno
- Nataša Janjić as Marina
- Miloš Timotijević as Lukas
- Alma Prica as Vesna
- Inti Šraj as Barbara
- Jette Ostan Vejrup as Anne
- Sara Hjort Ditlevsen as Sofie
- Miha Rodman as Peter
- Tanja Ribič as Urška
- Damir Poljičak as Pape
- Alexandria International Film Festival 2018, Alexandria, Egypt - official competition - award for best actor (Janko Popović Volarić)
- Actor's festival in Mojkovac 2018, Mojkovac, Montenegro - award for the best male role (Janko Popović Volarić)
- Sombor Film Festival 2018, Sombor, Serbia - competition program - best film award
- 32nd Montenegro Film Festival 2018, Herceg Novi, Montenegro - FEDEORA award of the Federation of Film Critics of Europe and the Mediterranean
- Pula Film Festival 2018, Pula, Croatia - Golden Arena for Best Director (Nevio Marasović), Golden Arena for Best Actor (Janko Popović Volarić), Golden Arena for Best Supporting Actress (Nataša Janjić), Golden Arena for Editing (Tomislav Pavlic), Golden Arena for Sound Design (Julij Zornik), Golden Gate of Pula Audience Award
- Ceau, Cinema! 2018, Timișoara and Gottlob, Romania - competition program - Audience Award
- Film for A!, Private art gymnasium award for best film 2018, Zagreb, Croatia
- FEST International Film Festival 2018, Belgrade, Serbia - main competition program - Jury Award for the best film in the region given by film critics 'Nebojša Đukelić'
Other festival screenings
- Guwahati International Film Festival 2018, Guwahati, India - programme World Cinema
- Oaxaca FilmFest 2018, Oaxaca, Mexico - official competition
- Raindance Film Festival 2018, London, United Kingdom - non-competitive programme Narratives
- Manaki Brothers Film Festival 2018, Skopje, Macedonia - programme "European Cinema Perspectives"
- LIFFE - Leskovac International Film Festival 2018, Leskovac, Serbia
- Betina Film Festival 2018, Betina, Croatia
- Dalmatia Film Festival 2018, towns of Dalmatia, Croatia
- Film Meetings in Niš 2018, Niš, Serbia
- 19th Mediteran Film Festival 2018, Široki Brijeg, Bosnia and Herzegovina - non-competitive programme
- Prishtina International Film Festival 2018, Priština, Kosovo - competition programme "Honey and Blood"
- International Film Festival Tonneins 2018, Tonneins, France - official selection
- Five Days of Zagreb in Sarajevo 2018, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Philadelphia Independent Film Festival 2018, Philadelphia, United States
- South East European Film Festival 2018, Los Angeles, USA - program "Feature Program"
- LET’S CEE Film Festival 2018, Vienna, Austria - program Artis International
- European Union Film Festival 2020, Ottawa, Canada
- "'COMIC SANS' Četvrti film koji je Nevio Marasović snimao na Visu najavljen je kao priča puna emocija i smiješnih životnih situacija" ['Comic Sans' Fourth film that Nevio Marasović shot on Vis announced as a story full of emotions and funny life situations]. jutarnji.hr (in Croatian). 7 February 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "FILMS "EDERLEZI RISING" AND "HITLER'S HOLLYWOOD" RECEIVE TOP AWARDS". fest.rs. 2 March 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Info: Comic Sans". www.letsceefilmfestival.com. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "EUFF Schedule". www.euffonline.ca. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
|This article related to a Croatian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|