Terrina Chrishell Stause
July 21, 1981
Draffenville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Other names||Chrishell Hartley|
Terrina Chrishell Stause (born July 21, 1981) is an American actress and real estate agent. She is known for her role on the Netflix reality show Selling Sunset, along with previous television roles as Amanda Dillon on All My Children and Jordan Ridgeway on Days of Our Lives.
Stause was born in Draffenville, Kentucky. She attended Murray State University, from which she received her B.A. in Theater in 2003. Though she was born "Terrina Chrishell Stause", she is more commonly known by her middle name "Chrishell", which originated from the day of her birth. Her mother was in labor at a Shell station, and "Chris", an attendant, helped deliver her. Thus, "Chrishell" got her name.
Stause is best known for her portrayal of Amanda Dillon in the ABC soap opera All My Children, a role she began on May 4, 2005 when the character returned to Pine Valley after a five-year absence. The role of Amanda was previously portrayed by Alexis Manta. The soap was cancelled and ended on September 23, 2011, and later Stause guest starred in the second season of the Dana Delany series Body of Proof. She was a member of improvisational troupe The Groundlings in Los Angeles.
In April 2013, it was announced that Stause had joined the cast of NBC soap Days of Our Lives. Her character, Jordan Ridgeway, first appeared in Salem on August 15, 2013. On October 24, 2014, it was announced that Stause would be leaving the series in 2015. In 2018, it was announced that Stause was reprising the role and would begin airing in February 2019.
In 2015, she appeared in a guest spot on the ABC prime time soapy drama, Mistresses. In April 2016, it was announced that Stause would be joining the cast of The Young and the Restless as Bethany Bryant, debuting in late May. She last appeared on August 17, 2016.
In 2017, she was cast in her first film leading role, in the thriller Eve of Abduction.
In addition to her acting career, Stause is also a real estate agent. Her work is showcased in Selling Sunset, a Netflix reality television show focused on The Oppenheim Group, a real estate brokerage dealing in luxury homes in L.A.
On September 2, 2020, Stause was announced as one of the celebrities competing on the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars. She was eliminated in the eighth week of competition, getting to eighth place.
In January 2014, it was confirmed that Stause and Justin Hartley were dating and the couple announced their engagement in July 2016. They were married on October 28, 2017. In November 2019, Hartley filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. Stause alleged that Hartley had let her know about the divorce by text only 45 minutes before the media broke the news. She filed for dissolution of marriage in December 2019 and refuted the July 8th separation date previously listed by Hartley. The divorce was finalized on February 22, 2021. She subsequently started dating Dancing with the Stars dancer Keo Motsepe from December 2020 to February 2021. Following their split, she confirmed via Instagram in July 2021 that she had begun a romantic relationship with Selling Sunset co-star and boss Jason Oppenheim.
Both of Stause's parents died from lung cancer between 2019 and 2020. She has stated several times on her Instagram that her father adopted her at birth and she has yet to meet her biological father. She is of Spanish and Japanese descent from her biological father's side.
|2005–11||All My Children||Amanda Dillon Martin||Series regular|
|2008||Scaring the Fish||Robin|
|2009||The Crimson Mask||Jules|
|2011||The Crimson Mask: Director's Cut||Jules|
|2011||Body of Proof||Justine Befort||Episode: "Your Number's Up"|
|2012||Hot and Bothered||Payton||Short film|
|2013–15, 2019–21||Days of Our Lives||Jordan Ridgeway||Series regular (2013–2015); recurring role (2019); guest role (2020-2021)|
|2014–present||Youthful Daze||Zoey Miller||Series regular|
|2014||Meanwhile...||Party Girl||1 episode|
|2015||Another Time||Julia Practor|
|2015||Mistresses||Yoga Woman||Episode: Season 3, episode 5|
|2016||The Young and the Restless||Bethany Bryant||Recurring role|
|2018||Eve of Abduction||Lila|
|2020||Dancing with the Stars||Herself||Contestant on season 29|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series||Days of Our Lives||Nominated|
- "Chrishell Stause (Bethany Bryant on 'The Young and the Restless')". Soaps.com. SheKnows Media / Penske Business Media. Archived from the original on September 28, 2020. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
...born on July 21, 1981 in Draffenville, Kentucky as Terrina Chrishell Stause.
- "Rest Stop". Soap Opera Digest. June 28, 2016. pg. 38.
- "Ok so those following along on the new ID quest, thought I would do a kick back to my old real ID & an old fake ID from Days of Our Lives when Jordan was on the run-ha! RIP Chrishell Stause & Ellen Rogers! It's Chrishell Hartley now". Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- "All My Children Star Chrishell Stause Visits MSU". Murray State University. December 2006. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2006-12-12.
- Prahl, Amanda (August 15, 2020). "We Can't Stop Thinking About the Story Behind Chrishell Stause's First Name". PopSugar. Retrieved October 19, 2020.
- "All My Children's Chrishell Stause Joins Dana Delany on Body of Proof - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2011-09-03. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (2011-12-05). "Chrishell Stause Talks Body of Proof Role, Original All My Children Finale". TVLine. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Exclusive: All My Children Alum Chrishell Stause Joins Days of Our Lives". TVLine. June 19, 2013. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Fairman, Michael (July 2, 2013). "The Ken Corday Interview – Days of our Lives". On-Air On-Soaps. Archived from the original on July 6, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
- "Chrishell Stause Dishes On Her 'DAYS' Debut". soapoperanetwork.com. June 19, 2013. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Soap Opera Digest: Comings and Goings (Vol. 38, No. 33). p. 12. August 2013.
- "CHRISHELL STAUSE OFF DAYS". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Chrishell Hartley Back To Days". Soaps.sheknows.com. 2018-11-30. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Rebecca Iannucci. "'Mistresses': Chrishell Stause in Season 3 Cast". TVLine. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (April 20, 2016). "The Young and the Restless Casts Chrishell Stause as Wild Child". TVLine. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Archived from the original on April 20, 2016. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Thomas, Michael. "Y&R/DAYS Alum Chrishell Stause Gets Exciting New Gig!". Retrieved December 7, 2017.
- "The Oppenheim Group Real Estate Agent Chrishell Hartley". ogroup.com. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Peter White (September 2, 2020). "Dancing With The Stars: ABC Unveils Season 29 Cast Including Tiger King's Carole Baskin & Rapper Nelly". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 3, 2020.
- Stone, Natalie (November 2, 2020). "Selling Sunset Star Chrishell Stause Eliminated from Dancing with the Stars". People. Retrieved November 3, 2020.
- Spaner, Whitney (July 30, 2013). "Curtain Cutie: Matthew Morrison". Paper. Archived from the original on March 28, 2008. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- "Chrishell Stause says ex-fiance 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison is a real-life player". Blog.zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-15. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Revenge's Justin Hartley Is Dating All My Children's Chrishell Stause". Eonline.com. January 10, 2014. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Fairman, Michael (July 31, 2016). "Justin Hartley and Chrishell Stause Engaged!". On-Air On-Soaps. United States: Michael Fairman Soaps, Inc. Archived from the original on October 8, 2016. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Leonard, Elizabeth (October 28, 2017). "This Is Us Star Justin Hartley and Chrishell Stause Are Married". People. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Todisco, Eric; Mizoguchi, Karen (November 22, 2019). "Justin Hartley and Chrishell Stause Split After 2 Years of Marriage". People. United States: Time Inc. Archived from the original on November 23, 2019. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- Day, Nate (2020-08-10). "'Selling Sunset' star Chrishell Stause reacts to fans calling out her ex Justin Hartley". Fox News. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- SOD (December 4, 2019). "Chrishell Hartley Files for Dissolution of Marriage". Soap Opera Digest. United States: American Media, Inc. Retrieved December 4, 2019.
- Gray, Mark (February 22, 2021). "Justin Hartley and Chrishell Stause finalize divorce". Wonderwall.com. Retrieved February 27, 2021.
- "Selling Sunset's Chrishell Stause and DWTS' Keo Motsepe Split: Source". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- LeGardye, Quinci (2021-08-01). "'Selling Sunset's Chrishell Stause and Jason Oppenheim Get Cozy In Rome". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "'Selling Sunset' Star Chrishell Stause's Mom Dies After Cancer Battle". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- "Chrishell Stause Says Mom Has Months to Live After Being Diagnosed With Same Cancer That Killed Dad". E! Online. February 5, 2020. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- "Q&A - @chrishell.stause". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "Selling Sunset: Fans Are Loving Chrishell's Sister, Shonda". ScreenRant. 2020-08-15. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- "Daytime Emmy Awards 2020 Nominations: The Complete List". emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. May 21, 2020.