B-segment Modular Architecture platform
|B-segment Modular Architecture (BMA)|
|Body and chassis|
The B-segment Modular Architecture (BMA) is a global compact unibody automobile platform developed by Geely Auto. The architecture can be used to develop cars with a wheelbase between 2,550–2,700 mm (100.4–106.3 in) and with wheel track wheels ranging from 1,500–1,600 mm (59.1–63.0 in). Its name derived from the larger Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. While the CMA platform was jointly developed by Geely and Volvo, the BMA platform is independently developed by Geely.
The use of BMA allows for higher economies of scale, as all vehicles based on BMA will have a high rate of commonality with shared parts and components reaching 70 percent, reducing costs and time needed for component testing. With the use of BMA, vehicle development time may be shortened from over 36 months on average to just 18 to 24 months.
The platform is claimed to be developed from 70 percent high-strength steel and 20 percent hot-formed steel, and was designed to exceed Europe standards of 5-star safety norms. The BMA is also compatible with L2 autonomous drive and L3 autonomous drive in the future.
- Geely Binrui (A06) (2018–present)
- Geely Binyue/Coolray/Proton X50 (SX11) (2018–present)
- Geely Emgrand (SS11) (2021–present)
- Geely Icon (2020–present)
- Lynk & Co 06 (2020–present)
- "Geely BMA modular platform – more details released - paultan.org". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2018-07-27. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Modular Architecture". Geely Global (in Chinese). Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "GEELY Discloses New Global Automobile Architecture BMA". www.businesswire.com. 2018-07-14. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Geely officially discloses new global B-segment automobile modular architecture: BMA; new BMA-based SUV to launch this year". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Geely announces all-new BMA platform, first SUV BMA-based model to be launched in H2 2018". Gasgoo. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Geely Binrui update shown with 'F-Type Sport' variant - paultan.org". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2020-12-28. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Geely Binyue launched in China - 1.5L and 1.0L turbo engines; Level 2 autonomous driving; from RM47k - paultan.org". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2018-11-08. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Geely's BMA-based ICON hit the market with price starting RMB115,800". Gasgoo. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- Tate (2020-06-19). "Geely's High-end Brand Lynk & Co 06 Made Global Debut". China Car News, Reviews and More. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Geely BMA platform.|