Biodata Profile / Biography / Wiki Information
Alexia Barroso is the stepdaughter of Hollywood actor, Matt Damon. Her biological father is Arbello Barroso, also known as Arby.
Personal Life : Parents, Education & Family :
- Alexia was born in the year 1999.
- Her biological mother is Luciana Barroso (née Bozán) from Argentina, who is an interior designer by occupation. Her divorce with Arby was finalised in 2004.
- Her stepfather met her mother at a bar in Miami while he was shooting for the comedy Stuck on You (2003). Luciana was a bartender at the bar then.
- Her parents were married on December 9, 2005, in New York’s City Hall. Luciana was three months pregnant with Isabella then. It was a quiet ceremony with family and close friends, of whom his 35-year buddy Ben Affleck was absent. Alexia was 7 then.
- Alexia’s parents had a vow renewal ceremony in 2013 in Saint Lucia. Late-night show host, Jimmy Kimmel officiated the ceremony.
- She has three other sisters – Isabella Damon (b. 2006), Gia Zavala Damon (b. 2008), and Stella Damon (b. 2010).
- Her grandparents are Kent Damon and Nancy Carlsson-Paige. Kent was a stockbroker and tax preparer, while Nancy was a professor of early childhood education at Lesley University.
- Alexia and her sisters attend a private school in New York. There has been some outrage on this situation particularly because Matt speaks passionately about public school systems, and his mother is a firm believer in public education.
Interesting Facts, Height & Looks :
As of 2020, she is around 20 years old.
- Alexia and her family lead very average lives in private. Additionally, her father tries to keep paparazzi away from the family to maintain their privacy.
- Her parents are almost never away from each other for more than 2 weeks.
- She was seen learning how to paddle surf with Jennifer Garner in 2007 in Hawaii.
- She obtained her driver’s license in 2015, but drove to school herself supervised by her father a year before.
- She was also seen with her father at the American University in April 2017 to tour the campus.
- Alexia appeared in her father’s 2011 film – We Bought a Zoo as a zoo staff.
- Alexia plays soccer, and her father is often seen cheering for her in public.
- In 2013, a jellyfish stung her sister Stella while the family was on holiday with Chris Hemsworth at Byron Bay’s beach – The Pass.
- Her father brought her entire class to South Africa when she was ten years old. Matt was there for 7 weeks to shoot the movie Invictus, but did not want to be away from his family for more than 2 weeks. He found a solution by suggesting them to do a study about Nelson Mandela while he funded their trip.