Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $10.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Motorola T600 Talkabout Radio, 2 Pack
|List Price:||$119.99 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$23.00 (19%)|
|Number of Channels||22|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Product Dimensions||7.78 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches; 8.64 Ounces|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
|Battery Life||23 Hours|
|International Protection Rating||IP67|
|Talking Range Maximum||35 Miles|
About this item
- IP67 Waterproof: Count on the T600 H2O two-way waterproof radio to keep you connected whether on land or at sea ; Use the VibraCall feature where ringing can be intrusive ; The keypad lock prevents your personalized settings from being inadvertently changed.
- Advanced Built-in Flashlight with White and Red LEDs: Select the white LED setting on the built-in flashlight to light your way during evening activities, unexpected emergencies or power outages.Battery Life (alkaline)- up to 23 hours. Battery Life (rechargable NiMH)- up to 9 hours
- 22 Channels Each with 121 Privacy Codes: With 22 channels and 121 privacy codes, totaling 2,662 combinations, it’s easy to find an available channel ; Low battery alert present to remind you when batteries are running low
- Know the Weather In Advance: Keep updated with real-time weather conditions by turning on one of 11 weather channels or initiating weather alerts. NOAA radio service may not be available in all areas.
- Compatible with Any Radio: You can communicate with other FRS/GMRS radios regardless of brand by being on the same channel and privacy codes.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Motorola Solutions T600
With a rugged, fully waterproof design, emergency features and a 35-mile range*, the T600 H2O keeps you connected and protected during your extreme outdoor activities. The T600 H2O is packed with top-of-the-line radio features, including the ability to float and a water-activated flashlight. The flashlight also includes a red LED to preserve night vision.
With these exceptional capabilities, you can count on this radio to deliver reliable communications during your wildest adventures - whether by land or by sea.
- Easy-to-Retrieve design, floats up
- Water-activated flashlight
- 11 Weather Channels (7 NOAA) with Alert Feature
- Push-to-Talk (PTT) Power Boost
- Flashlight with both Red and White LEDs
- iVOX/VOX Hands-Free
- Emergency Alert Button
- Dual Watch
Stay connected wherever you go
Parks, nature, and anywhere adventure awaits.
Out in open waters without worry about with the T600 ability to float and water-activated flashlight.
Brave the elements, but stay in communication.
Water everywhere? Not a problem, you've got bigger fish to deal with.
|Motorola T100 Talkabout Series Two-Way Radio||Motorola T200 Talkabout Series Two-Way Radio||Motorola T402 Talkabout Series Two-Way Radio||Motorola T600 Talkabout Series Two-Way Radio||Motorola T800 Talkabout Series Two-Way Radio|
|Range: Mountain to Valley/Open Water/Neighborhood||Up to 16 miles||Up to 20 miles||Up to 35 miles||Up to 35 miles||Up to 35 miles|
|Channels||22 Channels||22 Channels, each with 121 Privacy Codes||22 Channels, each with 121 Privacy Codes||22 Channels, each with 121 Privacy Codes||22 Channels, each with 121 Privacy Codes|
|11 weather channels (7 NOAA) with alert feature||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Battery Life||Up to 18 Hours with 3 (AAA) Alkaline Batteries||Up to 12 Hours with NiMH battery. Up to 29 Hours with 3 (AAA) Alkaline Batteries||Up to 8.5 Hours with NiMH battery. Up to 21 Hours with 3 (AA) Alkaline Batteries||Up to 9 Hours with NiMH battery. Up to 23 Hours with 3 (AA) Alkaline Batteries||Up to 14 Hours with NiMH battery. Up to 26 Hours with 3 (AAA) Alkaline Batteries|
|Includes||2 x T100 Radios, 2 x Belt Clips, User Guide||2 x T200 Radios, 1 x Y Cable Charging Adaptor with Dual Micro-USB Connectors, 2 x Belt Clips, 2 x (AA) NiMH Rechargeable Battery Packs, User Guide||2 x T402 Radios, 2x NiMH rechargeable batteries, 2 Micro-USB Wall Charging Cables, User Guide, 1 Accessory Brochure||2x T600 H₂0 Radios, 2x Whistle Belt Clips, 1x Y Cable Charging Adapter with Dual Micro-USB Connectors, 2x NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 1x User Guide, 1x Accessory Guide||2x T800 Radios, 2 x Belt Clips, 2x (AA) NiMH Rechargeable Battery Packs, 1x Dual Connector Micro-USB Wall Charging Cable, 1x Sheet of 16 stickers, User Guide|
|Note:||-||-||-||-||Connect to the Talkabout App for bluetooth functionality and share your location, send messages off-grid, and more..|
Compare with similar items
Motorola Talkabout T800 Two-Way Radios, 2 Pack, Black/Blue
MOTOROLA Talkabout T402 Rechargeable Two-Way Radios (2-Pack)
MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS Talkabout T460 Rechargeable Two-Way Radio Pair (Dark Blue)
Motorola T200TP Talkabout Radio, 3 Pack
Midland 50 Channel Waterproof GMRS Two-Way Radio - Long Range Walkie Talkie with 142 Privacy Codes, SOS Siren, and NOAA Weather Alerts and Weather Scan (Black/Silver, Pair Pack)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Midland Radio|
|Color||Green||Black/Blue||Yellow||Dark Blue||Grey||Black, Silver|
|Item Dimensions||7.78 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches||7.52 x 2.2 x 1.28 inches||7.54 x 2.26 x 1.37 inches||1.37 x 2.26 x 7.54 inches||6.42 x 2.13 x 1.24 inches||7.9 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches|
|Style||T600||T800||T402||T460||T200TP||Pair Pack - Black/Silver|
Stay connected during your wildest outdoor adventures. With a rugged, fully waterproof design, emergency features and a 35-mile range, the T600 H2O keeps you connected and protected during your extreme outdoor activities. The T600 H2O is packed with top-of-the-line radio features, including the ability to float and a water-activated flashlight. The flashlight also includes a red LED to preserve night vision. With these exceptional capabilities, you can count on the T600 H2O to deliver reliable communications during your wildest adventures - whether by land or by sea. How far can I expect my radios to communicate? The communication range quoted is calculated based on an unobstructed line of sight test under optimum conditions. Actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions, and is often less than the maximum possible. Your actual range will be limited by several factors including, but not limited to: terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These things are air tight, so with the elevation change there will be a pressure difference between the inside of the radio and the ambience. Unless you equalize the pressure, this pressure difference will muffle the speakers and the mic and consequently will render the radios nearly unusable.
But again, overall good radios and we haven't had any issues with them since we found out about this.
Now the not so good comments - I did notice that reception between the radios was clear but only up to about a mile over water. I could see the other kayak, however the communications started to break up a little. I have heard that some other radios have the same issue over water. I was really hoping they would transmit 2 to 3 miles over water, but no such luck. I do not know much about the difference between land and water communications, I plan to read more about this issue, there might be a better channel or trick to it. Last note here, when the base of the radio got wet, because to put it in a damp cup holder, the Automatic flashing light did turn on. I just didn't realize it had gotten wet, the light was flashing for about 45 minutes I think before I noticed. However, the battery stayed strong and lasted over 9 hours.
Overall, I do think the housing and radio is made well, it didn't feel cheep to me, and again being waterproof and floating was very very important to me, and it really paid off when it fell overboard once.
The package just arrived today for the T600 Talkabout Radios so this is my preliminary review based on what I see out of the box. A lot of reviews mention bad battery charging, but I haven't tried charging the included batteries yet. We put in 3 AA batteries into each hand held unit and were up and running. In a matter of minutes we were testing the units out around our house and tuning into the local NOAA weather station.
Right off the bat one major improvement that is needed for these to be truly emergency prep based is if the belt clip/whistle had a flat head screw driver on the bottom tip. The flat head is necessary in the event of an emergency in order to be able to open the back battery panel and immediately put in the 3 AA batteries. Without this improvement you will need to carry an extra flat head screw driver which is cumbersome when hiking.
With these hand sets there is an O-ring seal within the battery panel so care must be taken to properly clean and lubricate the O-rings to prevent any water damage. I look forward to testing these in water and cold temperatures.
Top reviews from other countries
1. Water proof (safe to drop in water or have submerged in shallow water). Was one of the most important features to have for us since we plan to use our walkie talkies outside in wet environments. With these, we don't have to worry about the kids dropping them in water or ruining them if they play with them in wet environments
2. Floats in water (ease of mind)
3. Able to run on both rechargeable batteries that it comes with as well as 3 AA batteries (battery life is far superior when using AA batteries). Many walkie talkies limit you to only being able to use the reachable ones that they come with. We love the feature to use AA batteries!
4. Neon green colour (makes it extremely easy to find when dropped in leaves, grass, sand, etc. The colour may be a negative to some)
5. Emergency mode feature on this walkie talkies is great. When the emergency button is pressed and held for a few seconds, the other walkie talkie will emit a very loud and obnoxious alarm noise, begin to start flashing a red light, and begin an open line of communication to the other walkie talkie. This allows the person who presses the emergency button to be able to talk to and be heard by the other walkie talkie without having to press and hold the talk button on their walkie talkie. Alarm sound, red light flashing and open line of communication last about 20 seconds from the time it is triggered. Once the emergency mode has been triggered, it cannot be shut off. You have to wait the 20 seconds for it to finish. This is a cool safety feature to have in an emergency situation where one party needs immediate help.
6. Call Button Feature. Allows you to cause the other walkie talkie to emit a loud ringtone noise (similar to a phone ringing). This is great for when one party has their walkie talkie near by but perhaps too far away to hear you speaking through the walkie talkie. Pressing the call button before speaking will help you get the attention of the other party.
7. Built in flashlight. By no means a great overall flashlight but it is great for what it is. Which is a back up light to have in case of an emergency. I wouldn't relay solely on the built in flashlight to go for a night hike or anything like that but it is a great feature and extra piece of gear to have in case of an emergency or for use during smaller and less important tasks such as finding something in your tent, car, campsite, etc. There is a red light and a white led light feature (I am not entirely sure how many lumens the light is but I would guess that the white light is somewhere around 50 lumens)
8. Removable belt clip that has a built in whistle
9. The walkie talkie has an area on the back where the belt clip connects to that can also be used to easily tie some string/para cord/rope/etc to the walkie talkie. Some may not care about this and or may never tie string to their walkie talkie but it is worth mentioning because some people may value being able to hang their walkie talkie around their neck like a necklace, or may value being able to safely tie their walkie talking to something like their backpack for example.
1. 1km Communication Distance. In city, residential and suburban type areas that have lots of houses, buildings and structures, these walkie talkies really only work well from within 1 km of each other. After 1 km we began to notice a lot of static that made clear communication an issue. After about 1.5 kms away, the other party began to cut off and on to the point where it was nearly impossible to understand what they were saying. I would say anything within 1km is perfectly clear. After 1km though, the reception quality gets worse and worse until the point of complete connection failure. Which for us, happened when we were around 1.5 km away from the other walkie talkie and party we were communicating with.
2. Price. I paid $144.62 cad for 2 of these walkie talkies in May 2020. This seems expensive to me for walkie talkies that only have a 1km talking distance. I love almost everything else about them though.
3. Weather Stations do not seem to work for me as they are extremely staticky with very little if any audio. I live in a major Canadian city for reference
First, you have to be vary careful of the flashlight button when the radio is in a pocket. It is very easy to inadvertently bump the button and turn the flashlight on thereby draining the battery unnoticed. Secondly, the sensors on the bottom of the flashlight are far too sensitive and it also will turn on the flashlight when, for example, it is in a life jacket pocket. Just the moisture in the air and the fabric was enough to unknowingly turn on the light. I have taken to cover the two contacts on the bottom of the radio with clear nail polish to disable this feature. A better solution for the flashlight auto-on issue would be if Motorola had a override option in the menu matrix. Add to this, a deeper recessed pocket for the manual flashlight switch and that problem would be fixed too. Lastly, the audio microphone quality could be better and less sensitive to water dulling it's clarity. A louder speaker would be nice too.
So, overall a better than average waterproof radio that could have been much better.