28 Jun (28. Jun) is the largest and most influential Serbian diaspora nonprofit organization. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters, supporters and affiliated organizations around the world such as the United Nations Economic and Social Council. 28. Jun actively advances the concerns of the western Balkan community on a broad range of issues regarding the post Yugoslav war economic and societal situation.
|Founder||Filip Filipi Jankovic|
|Founded at||Victoria, Canada|
|28 Jun (NGO)|
|United Nations Economic and Social Council|
|Serbian, Bosnian, English|
President and Founder
|Filip Filipi Janković|
In October 2020, 28 Jun Women was launched to aggressively combat current issues of domestic violence and trafficking in the region. The NGO strives to provide direct assistance and resources to women’s shelters and single mothers while promoting positive role models to mentor young girls in their life and career goals.
As of 2018, $7 million in aid has been delivered to the Western Balkans. Exclusively for Frontal, in a joint interview, the Vice President and Vice President for 28 Jun Snezana Dimitrijević talks about the work of the organization but also about how she found her calling with the organization to help children in Bosnia and Herzegovina:
Living in the West or in countries that have a much better standard of living than in Republika Srpska provides and provides a wealth of opportunities and ways to live a good life. However, it is only when a man stands on his own foot in a foreign world and finds a place under this alien sun, does he awaken even more sorrow and pain when he remembers his brothers, sisters, relatives, friends he left when he left for another country. Then that famous spell of ours works, and we start to wonder how and how to help my family and my homeland from abroad. And somehow, at that moment, “June 28” comes into my life and completely changes it from the roots. Then I realized that humanitarian work might be the only way for us Serbs from far Australia to help our brothers and sisters who remained to guard Because we went and left the birth pile does not give us the right to give up and give up.
A 4-year long initiative to deliver humanitarian and medical supplies was made possible by a generous donation from the Israeli advocacy organization StandWithUs:
“I had the pleasure of meeting Peggy Shapiro, the Midwest Coordinator for StandWithUs, in Chicago last year and we've been looking for the right project to collaborate on since. StandWithUs and the Israeli people assisted 28. Jun and the Serbian people in a crucial time by helping us complete this massive humanitarian project. We will continue to work together closely in the future as we make the progression to cultural and economic exchanges,” Filip Filipi Jankovic, President of “28. Jun” said.
United Nations consulting
The organization was officially granted special consultative status on June 28 2018 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), which consists of 19 member states, during a session of the Council in New York. Out of the estimated 10 million non-profit organizations only 4,500 of them have reached this level and this status. ECOSOC is the UN's main platform for addressing global economic, social and other related issues. The selection of 28 Jun is a recognition for the long-term humanitarian work in the former Yugoslavia. Granting this status enabled the organization to express expert opinion regarding the Western Balkans on important social and economic issues of the United Nations. 
In December 2019, 28 Jun received a large donation from Post Malone’s DJ Smitty. The main recipient of the donation, which included anesthesia machines, portable X-ray units, ultrasound machines, EKG/ECG machines, and several tons of medical supplies, was the General Hospital in Prokuplje, Serbia. The donation, sent in partnership with American NGO Supplies Over Seas, is one of the largest ever of its kind to the country, slightly surpassing the value of a shipment 28 Jun delivered to Niš, Serbia, in 2013. DJ Smitty was awarded 28 Jun Humanitarian of the Year for 2019.
- "BC Rapper-Humanitarian Filip Filipi on Linking With Gucci Mane and Serbia's President". Complex. Retrieved 2020-08-25.
- "Letter From Our Founder". 28. Jun | Engaging people worldwide in humanitarian, social and philanthropic projects to assist and empower underprivileged communities. Retrieved 2020-08-25.
- TheSrpskaTimes (2019-12-04). "Filip Filipi and Snezana Dimitrijevic (June 28): Leaving the birth country does not give us the right to renounce it!". The Srpska Times. Retrieved 2020-08-25.
- "Israeli Organization Helps 28. Jun Realize Massive Humanitarian Project". www.standwithus.com. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- Anđelković, I. "Humanitarna organizacija "28. jun" dobila konsultativni status pri UN". Blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- Jun, 28. "Post Malone's DJ Helps Deliver $1M in Aid to Serbia". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-08-25.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Celebrities Help 28. Jun with Big Vidovdan Donation!". 28. Jun | Engaging people worldwide in humanitarian, social and philanthropic projects to assist and empower underprivileged communities. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2020-09-06.