|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||24th century BC · 23rd century BC · 22nd century BC|
|Decades:|| 2290s BC 2280s BC 2270s BC 2260s BC 2250s BC|
2240s BC 2230s BC 2220s BC 2210s BC 2200s BC
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- 2334–2279 BC — (short chronology) Sargon of Akkad's conquest of Mesopotamia.
- c. 2300 BC — Bronze Age starts.
- c. 2300 BC–2184 BC — Disk of Enheduanna, from Ur, (modern Muqaiyir, Iraq) is made. It is now in University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
- c. 2300 BC–2200 BC — Head of a man from Nineveh (modern Kuyunjik, Iraq) is made. It is now in Iraq Museum, Baghdad.
- c. 2300 BC — Canal Bahr Yusuf (current name) is created when the waterway from the Nile to the natural lake (now Lake Karun) is widened and deepened to create a canal.
- c. 2289 BC — Pepi II Neferkare, the longest reigning monarch of all time, dies at the age of 100 after 94 years of rule.
- c. 2288 BC–2224/2194 BC — Pepy II and his mother, Queen Merye-ankhnes, Sixth dynasty of Egypt, is made. It is now at The Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.
- c. 2285 BC — Enheduanna, high priestess of the moon god Nanna in Ur, was born.
- c. 2254 BC–2218 BC — Stela of Naram-Sin, probably from Sippar, discovered in Susa (modern Shush, Iran), is made. It is now in Musée du Louvre, Paris.
- c. 2278 BC — Pharaoh Pepi II starts to rule (other date is 2383 BC).
- c. 2215 BC — A Guti army swept down from the Zagros Mountains and defeated the demoralized Akkadian army. They took Agade, the capital of Akkad, and destroyed it thoroughly.
- c. 2300 BC — Metals started to be used in Northern Europe.
- The sons of Noah: Japheth (2254 BC), Shem (2212 BC), and Ham (2204 BC) according to the Hebrew Calendar
Decades and yearsEdit
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 23rd century BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.