|Full name||Erkand Mehdi Qerimaj|
|Born||10 August 1988|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
He is 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 170 lb.
In the 2012 European Weightlifting Championships that was held in Antalya, Turkey, Erkand Qerimaj competed in the 77 kg category. He won silver in Snatch, gold in Clean & Jerk and gold in total with 348 kg, ahead of Razvan Martin of Romania. Later on Erkand Qerimaj, resulted positive in the anti-doping test at the European Championship in Antalya and was disqualified.
In the 2014 European Weightlifting Championships that were held in Israel, Qerimaj won bronze in Snatch, gold in Clean & Jerk and gold in total with 349 kg. Silver medalist Daniel Godelli lifted the same total weight as Qerimaj, but with a slightly heavier body weight than Qerimaj took second place, leaving to Qerimaj the gold.
In the 2015 World Weightlifting Championships in Houston, Texas, Qerimaj competed in the 77 kg category. He lifted 154 kg in Snatch and 188 kg in Clean & Jerk for a total of 342 kg. He won 12th place overall.
Qerimaj is currently on a relationship with his fiancée Tedi Kalaja. He became a father for the first time on 22 January 2017 when his partner gave birth to the couple's first son, named Dijar. He stated that he named his son after the Albanian word "Dije" (English: Lore).
- "QERIMAJ Erkand". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- Top-Channel TV Erkand Qerimaj, positive in doping test 24/05/2012
- IWF List of anti-doping sanctionedathletes Archived March 27, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Serani, Olgert (April 10, 2014). "Qerimaj kampion Europe, mund Godellin për 20 gramë. Kuqezinjtë rrëmbejnë 6 medalje". Panorama sport. Archived from the original on April 12, 2014.
- Results from 2015 WWC
- "Peshëngritësi Erkand Qerimaj bëhet baba për herë të parë" [Weightlifter Erkand Qerimaj becomes father for the first time] (in Albanian). Shqiptarja,com. 22 January 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Erkand Qerimaj bëhet baba, djalit i vë një emër të veçantë" [Erkand Qerimaj becomes father, gives his son a special name] (in Albanian). Gazeta Shqip. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2018.