Speciality Museums • Religious Sites
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This Buddhist ‘Disneyland’ takes a full day to explore. Various sections offer different insight into artefacts, traditions, displays and presentations. Staff are extremely welcoming and make the visit even more interesting. I had an amazing day out! Make sure you visit this location as it’s worth it!Written August 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The inside of the main building here compares favourably to the most impressive religious buildings I have ever seen, whether Catholic churches in Rome, Krakow and Vienna; temples in Thailand, Laos and Japan or mosques in Turkey, Oman or Brunei. It’s truly amazing, but no photos allowed! The vast interior is covered in statues of Buddha, as well as three beautiful large ones, and I can believe the thirty thousand number quotes by the super accommodating volunteer guides. The exterior is pretty incredible too and well worth seeing all of.Written August 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our first stop on our private tour off the HAL Westerdam. We were early so there were not many people there yet but soon after, the other tour groups arrived and it was very crowded and hard to take photos. A fun place to visit where you can walk inside into the dragon's mouth and come out from the tiger's. Many little sculptures inside depicting punishments in hell for those who did bad things while on earth. Good place to have your Instagram moments.Written August 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the afternoon on the island. Had a motorised bike ride so we could cover more ground. Not a lot to really do here but well worth an afternoon or morning. Had lunch at the Sunset Pub which was nice. It was extremely hazy the day we were there so the view from the lighthouse was not great and reduced the overall atmosphere of the place. The beach was clean and water seemed clean enough to swim in. As an Australian I am always disappointed with beaches in Asia, the black sand is fine and soft and a novelty. Water was warm but no waves, so great for little children.Written October 13, 2019
- We went to this area in the evening to walk around the pond and check out the temples and pagodas. Got some nice pictures of the structures on the water and checked out the market between attractions. Market can get busy and it is at times difficult to walk around the market and near the pond. There were quite a few birds in the lotus plants and on the banks to see as well. Bathrooms near the pagodas and there were some mosquitos out.Written January 28, 2020
- A wonderful place to sit, read, explore or meet friends in a safe, wonderful environment. If visiting Kaohsiung you will not regret visiting this architectural wonder!Written February 11, 2020
- When I visited on my way through this station, the light show on the floor was impressive but not quite as great as I had been expecting. Still, an amazing feature to have at a train station and well used by ovals too with markets being held on weekends.Written August 21, 2023
- City of Kaohsiung designs along the river band beautifully. Nice facilities for citizens can relax walking next to the ocean side whenever in day time or night time.Written May 31, 2023
- A very convenient ferry for everyone to go back and forth CiJin with lots of available schedule. You can sit at 2nd floor to enjoy the sea view and breeze around the port. Good to travel with kids by taking the ferry. Have fun here.Written September 26, 2021
- We loved the multicolored ceiling art, though it wasn’t entirely obvious what the artist’s intention was. It’s hard to appreciate its full scope at concourse level. The station itself is well-signed and spotless.Written July 21, 2019
- This is one of the biggest science museums in the world. You will probably need a few visits to visit everything. Highly recommended.Written April 28, 2023
- While not really that amazing, there's some good inexpensive food. The papaya milk and sausage is quite good. Not really a place for shopping but there's some clothes and soft toys sold. There's also a decent anime figure shop hidden in a corner.Written April 25, 2023
- Since when we have trumpet tree here in Weiwuying park? It would be very pleasant to sit at the top of the outdoor theatre and overlook the people, dogs, birds, and parrots gather together in Saturday afternoon. Bring yourself a cup of coffee, sandwiches and cakes to soak in the southern Taiwan afternoon. The right place for those who is sick of being home whole day and escape from the CoVID-19. It might get a bit crowded on weekends but you can always find yourself a quiet place in the park and lie down, listen to live music played by the local artists.Written March 18, 2020
- We visited at night. Took the MRT to Caoya Station. Taroko park is just outside the exit. We visited at night and even in November, there were some Christmas decoration already up. Many bright and colorful lights. There was a carousel turning round and round and you can ride on the horses moving up and down on the carousel. Not many visitors though when we were there.Written October 21, 2020
- Sadly, there was so much to see yet we had so little time. Make sure you spare 2-3 hours going around the place if you are an art buff. The garden outside is also amazing. Do not skip this when you are in Kaohsiung. I wish to go back and spend more time here.Written November 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kaohsiung
- The best day trips from Kaohsiung according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Custom Kaohsiung Day Tour
- Full-Day Private Guided Tour in Kaohsiung Port Shore
- Private Classic Kaohsiung Day Tour
- Tainan Ancient Capital & Wushantou Reservoir One Day Tour
- Customized Fun Tour in Taiwan
Kaohsiung Attractions Information