Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Società per Azioni|
|Founded||1850 in Turin|
|Fabrizio Palermo (CEO), Giovanni Gorno Tempini (Chairman)|
|Total assets||€425 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
CDP is the major Italian promotional institution for economic development through long-term investments at local, regional and national level and acts as the government's arm for executing public policy mandates.
It is among the founders (with Caisse des Dépots, KfW and European Investment Bank) of the Long-Term Investors Club, a group that gather 18 major financial institutions and institutional investors from all over the world mainly from G20 countries.
After the unification of Italy, in 1863 it was restructured and the headquarters moved to Rome; it was constituted in its current form as a joint-stock company on 12 December 2003. 83% of the share capital is owned by the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, the 16% is held by various banking foundations, while the remaining 1% in treasury shares. CDP is today the third largest Italian bank according to the value of the total assets owned by the group (around 425 billion euros in 2018).
CDP is today the third largest Italian bank according to the value of the total assets owned by the group (around 425 billion euros in 2018), after the banks UniCredit and Intesa Sanpaolo. Cassa Depositi e Prestiti manages the entire Italian Postal savings that represent its first source of financial resources. These resources are used by the bank to lend money to the Italian State or local governments, acquire strategic equities and invest in financial, infrastructural and economical projects considered strategic for the development of the Italian economy.
In the last years the role of CDP inside the Italian economy has grown deeply. The company has started operating more as an investment bank, increasing its portfolio of listed companies and its activities related to the funding of Italian companies, making the financing of public bodies, its historical business, less relevant than in the past.
The activities of the company are divided into two distinct branches of business. The first, called "separate management", manages the financing of investment and other public bodies, such as regions, other local bodies and structures relating to the State, using postal savings deposits as the main source of funds.
The second, called "ordinary management", deals with the financing of works, plants, networks and equipment intended for the supply of public services and redevelopment.
The activity of the company is subject to monitoring by a Parliamentary committee.
Board of Directors
- President: Giovanni Gorno Tempini
- Chief Executive Officer: Fabrizio Palermo
- Vice President: Luigi Paganetto
- Councillors: Fabrizia Lapecorella, Fabiana Massa Felsani, Valentino Grant, Francesco Floro Flores, Matteo Melley, Alessandra Ruzzu, Davide Carlo Caparini, Antonio Decaro, Alessandro Rivera, Pier Paolo Italia, Michele de Pascale.
- As of 31 December 2014
CDP as the sovereign fund
- As of May 2018
- CDP Reti (59.1%)
- CDP Gas (100%)
- Snam (1.807%)
- CDP Equity (ex-Fondo Strategico Italiano)
- Open Fiber (50%)
- Italgas (26%)
- Eni (25.76%)
- Ansaldo Energia (59.9%)
- Poste italiane (36%)
- Fintecna (100%)
- Saipem (12.55%)
- Fincantieri (72.5%)
- SACE (100%)
- SIMEST (76%)
- Trevi Finanziaria Industriale S.p.A. (32.7%)
- Webuild (18.7%)
- CDP Immobiliare (100%)
- CDP Investimenti SGR (70%)
- Fondo Italiano d'Investimento SGR (12.5%)
- Fondi Italiani per le Infrastrutture SGR (14.01%)
- Istituto per il Credito Sportivo (2.21%)
- Sistemi Iniziative Locali (11.29%)
- Europrogetti & Finanza (31.8%)
- Telecom Italia (9.8%)
- QuattroR SGR (40%)
- Fondo Investimenti per il Turismo
- Fondo Italiano di Investimento
- F2i - Fondo Italiano per le infrastrutture
- F2i - Secondo Fondo Italiano per le Infrastrutture
- Fondo PPP Italia
- Fondo Investimenti per l'Abitare (FIA)
- Fondo Investimenti per la Valorizzazione (FIV Plus e FIV Extra)
- Fondo Immobiliare di Lombardia - Comparto uno
- Fondo Europeo per gli Investimenti
- Fondo FoF Private Debt
- Fondo FoF Venture Capital
- Fondo Marguerite - 2020 European Fund for Energy, Climate Change and Infrastructure Sicàv - Fis Sa
- Fondo InfraMed Infrastructure Sas
- European Energy Efficiency Fund
- Galaxy Sarl
- "Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A." Moodys.com. 2019-06-24. Retrieved 2020-01-07.
- Long-Term Investors Club. "Message".
- "History of CDP". CDP. Archived from the original on 4 April 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Long-Term Investors Club. "Message".
- "Cassa Depositi e Prestiti". Treccani Encyclopedia. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Company Overview of Cassa depositi e Prestiti S.p.A." Business Week. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Info CDP www.cpd.it".
- "2014 Bilancio Consuntivo" (in Italian). Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara. 18 May 2015. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "2014 Bilancio Consuntivo" (in Italian). Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio della Provincia dell'Aquila (Fondazione Carispaq). 23 April 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Costituito il Fondo Investimenti Turismo" (in Italian). Federturismo. 18 April 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.