What is a representative democracy simple definition?
Representative democracy is a form of democracy in which people vote for representatives who then vote on policy initiatives as opposed to direct democracy, a form of democracy in which people vote on policy initiatives directly.
What happens in a representative democracy?
In a representative democracy, people generally vote for other people – representatives – rather than on legislative proposals directly. These representatives then formulate, propose, debate and vote on the laws and policies of our country.
What is representative democracy why it is necessary?
Representative democracy is necessary because the framing of laws and rules which are to be followed by an entire country is a tedious process. It demands the knowledge of well-educated as well as experienced faculties. If a common man is made to involve in such a process, it may create a problem.
Can a democracy have both representative and direct characteristics at the same time?
A democracy can have both representative and direct characteristics at the same time. An oligarchy can include representative democracy.
Who is known as our Father of the Nation?
Who gave title Bapu to Gandhi?
Why Gandhiji is called Father of Nation?
Mahatma Gandhi is known as the ‘Father of the Nation’ because he the was driving force behind the independence of India from foreign domination and establishment of India as a nation.
What was the name of the book that Mahatma Gandhi father bought?
Great People: Mahatma Gandhi: Father Of The Nation Paperback – 10 September 2011.
What is the best book to read about Gandhi?
6 Best Books on Mahatma Gandhi Ever Written
- Mahatma Gandhi: The Father of the Nation. Author: Subhadra Sen Gupta.
- The Life of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and his Struggle with India.
- Mahatma Gandhi: His Life and Ideas.
- Gandhi: Prisoner of Hope.
- Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth.
Which of these books was written by Mahatma Gandhi?
What are the names of the books that Gandhiji read with interest?
8 Books on Mahatma Gandhi every Indian should read
- 01/9The Mahatma and his life.
- 02/9’The Story of my Experiments with Truth’ by Mahatma Gandhi.
- 03/9’Gandhi before India’ by Ramachandra Guha.
- 04/9My Dear Bapu: Letters from C.
- 05/9’The Good Boatman’ by Rajmohan Gandhi.
- 06/9’Gandhi: Prisoner of Hope’ by Judith M.