Year 719 (DCCXIX) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 719 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||1472|
|Balinese saka calendar||640–641|
|Chinese calendar||戊午年 (Earth Horse)|
3415 or 3355
— to —
己未年 (Earth Goat)
3416 or 3356
|- Vikram Samvat||775–776|
|- Shaka Samvat||640–641|
|- Kali Yuga||3819–3820|
|Japanese calendar||Yōrō 3|
|Minguo calendar||1193 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1030/1031 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1261–1262|
845 or 464 or −308
— to —
846 or 465 or −307
- Ex-Emperor Anastasios II starts a revolt against Leo III with considerable support, including auxiliaries provided by Tervel, emperor (khagan) of the Bulgarian Empire. His attack on Constantinople fails; Anastasios is captured and is put to death (by beheading), on the orders of Leo.
- Ummayad conquest of Gaul (first major Muslim attack upon Visigothic Septimania, in southern France): Governor Al-Samh takes or re-takes Narbonne (Arbouna for the Arabs), before raiding the Toulouse area. Many town defenders and inhabitants are killed in the aftermath by the Umayyad forces.
- Frisian–Frankish War: Charles Martel defeats Redbad, King of the Frisians. He easily invades Frisia (modern Netherlands) and subjugates the territory. Charles also crosses the Rhine and annexes "farther" Frisia, to the banks of the River Vlie.(p795)
- Duke Grimoald becomes sole ruler of Bavaria, after the deaths of his brothers Theodbert, Theobald, and Tassilo II. He reunites the duchy after a civil war, and makes his capital Salzburg (approximate date).
- May – Chilperic II is raised on the shield after the death of Chlothar IV, and recognized by Charles Martel as king (roi fainéant) of the Franks. Charles, however, gains a monopoly on power and royal offices.
- Anastasios II, Byzantine emperor
- Chlothar IV, king of Austrasia (approximate date)
- Dae Jo-yeong, king of Balhae (Korea)
- Muhammad ibn Marwan, Arab general (or 720)
- Pega, Anglo-Saxon anchoress (approximate date)
- Radbod, king of the Frisians
- Tassilo II, duke of Bavaria (approximate date)
- Theobald, duke of Bavaria (or 717)
- Theodbert, duke of Bavaria (approximate date)