|Single by Sarah Geronimo|
|from the album Perfectly Imperfect|
|Released||September 14, 2014|
|Sarah Geronimo singles chronology|
Kilometro (English: Kilometer) is a hit song by Filipino singer-actress Sarah Geronimo. It is the carrier single of her eleventh studio album Perfectly Imperfect. The song was written by Thyro Alfaro and Yumi Lacsamana and premiered on radio stations nationwide on September 17, 2014.
In July 2015, Sarah Geronimo, with her song "Kilometro", represented the Philippines in the 10th International Song Contest: The Global Sound, hosted by an Australian jury, as one of the 70 semi-finalists from different countries all over the world and later on advanced as one of the top 25 finalists. At the final round, it won the "Gold Global Sound" Award as the top recognition.
Background and release
In June 2015, Filipino-American boy band The Filharmonic recorded an a cappella version of the song which was posted to their official YouTube channel. The Voice Kids contenders Lyca Gairanod and Darlene Vibares performed the song on It's Showtime on May 14, 2015. Team Sarah alumni Jason Dy performed the song on Kris TV in October 2015. Tawag ng Tanghalan Grand Finalist and 2nd placer Sam Mangubat performed the song on the competition's "Ang Huling Tapatan Day 4." Filipino Band The Juans covered the song on Wish 107.5 FM Bus. In January 2016, American Children's Choir Chicago Men and DiMension Chicago Children's Choir chose the song to perform on World Music Festival 2016 in Chicago. In April 2016, Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids contestant AC Bonifacio chose Sarah Geronimo to emulate, she performed Kilometro for the show's grand finals. Aside from different song covers, there are also various dance covers of the song "Kilometro" online.
The song premiered on different radio stations across the Philippines on September 17, 2014. Upon its release, it topped the MYX Chart for several weeks.
Awards and recognition
Sarah Geronimo won the 10th International Singing Contest: The Global Sound for her song "Kilometro." Geronimo beat out 25 other countries and their corresponding singers to win the Gold Global Sound award.
- "Entertainment | Philstar Mobile". m.philstar.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "10th International Song Contest: The Global Sound Results - YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Watch out for the premiere of Sarah Geronimo's KILOMETRO". Facebook. MTV Pinoy. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Kilometro (Official Music Video with lyrics) SARAH GERONIMO - YouTube". m.youtube.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- Wish 107.5 (2017-03-30), The Juans cover "Kilometro" (Sarah Geronimo) LIVE on Wish 107.5 Bus, retrieved 2017-04-09
- Your Face Sounds Familiar (2017-04-08), Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids Finale: AC Bonifacio as Sarah Geronimo - Kilometro, retrieved 2017-04-09
- ABS-CBN Entertainment (2015-05-14), Lyca and Darlene sing Ikot-ikot & Kilometro on It's Showtime, retrieved 2017-04-09
- The Filharmonic (2015-06-20), Kilometro - Sarah Geronimo: The Filharmonic (A Cappella Cover), retrieved 2017-04-09
- Laurel Holden (2016-01-31), Kilometro--Popular Philippine Tagalog song, retrieved 2017-04-09
- ABS-CBN Entertainment (2015-10-20), Kris TV: Jason Dy belts out 'Kilometro', retrieved 2017-04-09
- Jollibee Philippines (YouTube) (2020-01-17), Jollibee Burger Steak: Beefy na, Saucy pa!, retrieved 2020-01-17