Reactionary started, as the name implies, as a reaction to the French Revolution, identifying as absolute monarchists opposed to the revolution. In this time, Reactionary organized opposition to the progressive sociopolitical and economic changes brought by the revolution; and they fought to restore the temporal authority of the Church and Crown.
In the post-Napoleonic world, Europe generally returned its pre-revolution state, with the old French monarchy being restored. During the age of Metternich (1815-1848) Europe was generally led by conservative and reactionary leaders. These regimes were characterized as being monarchist, authoritarian, and counter-enlightenment. The reactionary state of Europe took a strong hit during the July Revolution in 1830, in which the reactionary monarchy of France was replaced by a more enlightened one, and then the revolutions of 1848, in which much of Europe changed towards constitutional monarchy. Throughout the second half of the 19th century only Russia remained as a dominant reactionary power under the rule of Alexander III (1881-1894) By the time WWI came around the world existed in a mostly Liberal and enlightened state and reactionary ideology no longer held power. There is some debate over whether or not the Italian Fascists and German Nazis should be considered reactionaries, with proponents of fascism often claiming not, while opponents claim that it is.
In recent times "Reactionary" tends to be used more as a pejorative by progressive and socialist political movements, but the term "neo-reactionary" has more recently been applied to, and sometimes a self-description of, an informal group of online political theorists known as the Dark Enlightenment.
Reactionaryism preaches the return to a previous political state of society it describes views and policies aimed at restoring a status quo of the past.
Reactionary is very religious and traditional, likes challenging people to duels and also speaks early modern English. He's against progressivism and "degenerate" cultures, and believes they're ruing Western civilization. He's best friends with Traditionalism and Classical Conservatism.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Draw eyes
- Fill the ball dark blue
- Draw ball
- Color it in with dark blue
- Draw a yellow/buff Jerusalem Cross (without the tiny crosses) inside a yellow/buff circle
- Draw eyes and then you're done!
- Monarchism - I shall restore thee to thy former power.
- Absolute Monarchism - Thou art more based than Monarchism.
- Monarcho-Capitalism - Mine business partner.
- Right-Wing Populism - Thou art based and thy pills are red
and i'm totally not an elitist.
- Reactionary Socialism - Thou art based for a commie, forsooth thou are as red as thy pills.
- Neoreactionarism - Thou art based but please go outside. Thy time on thy weird websites has made thee speak weirdly.
- Paleoconservatism - Thou have conserved a lot.
- Classical Conservatism - Same as above.
- Authoritarian Conservatism - Thou hath also conserved a lot.
- Traditionalism - The way it should be.
- Korwinism - Thou be based for a libertarian.
- Ultranationalism - Protect thine country's culture.
- Carlism - Grandes son los tercios.
- Integralism - Very based.
- Brazilian Integralism - Muito baseado.
- British Fascism - Britannia shall rule once more.
- Confessionalism - Keep thine country religious.
- Neo-Ottomanism and İttihadism - Osmanlı İmparatorluğu merkezli tutuyor.
- Integral Nationalism - Keep thine country based.
- Chinese Theocracy - 非常好。
- Guild Socialism - Thou advocate the medieval days, thou please rid thyself of that socialist crap. I care not for a peasant unless he serves his tribe or nation.
- Conservatism - Thou call thyself a conservative, yet, what hast thou conserved?
- Clerical Fascism - Thou must cool it with thy anti-semitic remarks.
- Reactionary Liberalism - Why art thou a lib?
- Monarcho-Socialism - Why art thou a commie, my king?
- Monarcho-Syndicalism - Same as above.
- Anarcho-Monarchism - Why art thou an anarkiddy, my lord?
- Monarcho-Fascism - I respect you mine king, but please stop killing people.
- Mexican Fascism - Same as above.
- Libertarian Monarchism - Libertarianism doth not be based, but I respect mine king.
- Anarcho-Primitivism - Thou shalt not go further back.
- Fascism - I appreciate thou protecting thy culture, but thou art very evil.
- Pol Potism - Thou are like , but very, VERY evil and dumb.
- Christian Democracy - Heading in the right direction.
- Right-Wing Tridemism - You called to Reactionaries by Mao just you're a capitalist of Mao. You're not real reactionarism, but I like your conserve.
- Every single liberal and socialist/communist not mentioned above.
- Enlightenment - I challenge thee to a duel!
- Anarcho-Liberalism - Thou hath ruined countless Victoria II games, curse you!
- Progressivism - Ye damn liberal heathens.
- Maoism - Never forget ye Cultural Revolution! you almost wiped me out of China!
- Jacobinism - Thy art a product of the enlightenment, thou hast destroyed the monarchy.
- Dengism - 法輪大法好，退出中共黨、團、隊保平安! 說實話，法輪功也不像是我的意識形態。
- Progressive Conservatism - Thou hast conserved absolutely nothing.
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Calm the fuck down, wouldst thou?
- Liberal Conservatism - Cuckservative, thou have conserved NOTHING!
- Pink Capitalism - Ye indoctrinate the average consumer.
- Liberalism - Ah, ye nation-ruining degenerates!
- Left-Wing Populism - Thou are just a socialist in populist clothing.
- Marxism - Damn thee Marxist!
- Primal Primitivism - Thou art like an animal (although I suppose that's not indecent for thou).
- Archeofuturism - Thine doth simultaneously going too far back and too much'th progress.
- Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism - Thy worust version of Libertarianism.
- LGBT Conservatism - How art thou conservative?
- Stalinism - Why must thou hate the church?
- An Open Letter to Open-Minded Progressives By Curtis Yarvin
- A Handbook of Traditional Living By Raido
- Men amongst the ruins By Julius Evola
- Oswald Spengler
- Carl Schmitt
- Janusz Korwin-Mikke
- Bronze Age Pervert
- Curtis Yarvin
- Jeffrey Herf
- Frank Van Dun
- Plínio Salgado