Kativik is a territory equivalent to a regional county municipality (TE) of Quebec, with geographical code 992. Its land area is 443,372.20 km² (171,186.96 sq mi), and its population was 12,090 at the 2011 Census of Canada.
The TE of Kativik is coextensive with the territory of the Kativik Regional Government. It comprises all of Nunavik except the Cree reserved land (TC) of Whapmagoostui and the Cree village municipality (VC) also called Whapmagoostui, which belong to Eeyou Istchee TE.
The TE of Kativik consists of the following municipal units:
- the unorganized territories (NO) of:
- the Naskapi village (VK) of:
- the northern villages (VN) of:
- the Inuit reserved lands (TI) of the same names (except for Ivujivik and Puvirnituq):
- Official website of the Kativik Regional Government (in English and French) (Inuktitut)