Combining poetry, traditional film narrative and a neo-noir aesthetic, “Guys Reading Poems” follows an avant garde painter (Patricia Velasquez, “The Mummy”) whose sanity dissipates when she’s abandoned by her handsome lothario husband (Alexander Dreymon, “The Last Kingdom”) for his stunningly beautiful mistress (Lydia Hearst, “South of Hell”). In a feature debut performance, eight-year old Luke Judy plays the resourceful child who creatively uses poetry to survive when his disturbed mother locks him in a puppet box, then transforms the child’s makeshift prison into an art installation.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.33:1
- MPAA rating : Unrated (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 3.5 Ounces
- Item model number : B07895ZWWF
- Director : Hunter Lee Hughes
- Media Format : Blu-ray, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Release date : February 20, 2018
- Actors : Patricia Velasquez, Alexander Dreymon, Lydia Hearst, Luke Judy, Christos Vasilopoulos
- Producers : Debbie Vandermeulen, Hunter Lee Hughes, Jason Fracaro
- Studio : Gravitas Ventures
- ASIN : B07895ZWWF
- Writers : Hunter Lee Hughes
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #308,865 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as the way the film is made... Outstanding! It is art. I don't have the vocabulary to describe what the crew did. All I can say is that it was so different and I welcomed that. The acting was phenomenal because they told a story with no dialogue. That takes skill. And finally, the poems. I love that there is a list on line of all the poems. I enjoyed the ones I knew and how they were used and I also enjoyed hearing new poems that I will read on my own to familiarize myself with them. And then I will watch the film again for a new experience.