|Born||July 10, 1995|
|Sporting nationality||United States|
|College||University of Illinois|
|Current tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|U.S. Open||T20: 2018|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
Dylan Meyer (born July 10, 1995) is an American professional golfer from Evansville, Indiana. He attended the University of Illinois before turning professional in 2018. As an amateur, he won the Western Amateur and is a two time winner of the 3M Augusta Invitational. He made his professional debut at the 2018 U.S. Open.
Early life and education
Meyer began golfing at the age of 5 and would regularly practice with his father, Darren Meyer. He played baseball, basketball, and golf when he was younger, giving up the former two in favor of golf by the time he was 10. He attended Evansville Central High School before playing golf at the University of Illinois.
At Central High School, Meyer earned medalist honors by going undefeated during his senior year. He finished third in the state finals and also recorded the lowest score for the local Courier & Press Men's City title. While at the University of Illinois, Meyer won the 2016 Western Amateur by beating Sam Horsfield 3&1. He also won the 3M Augusta Invitational in 2017, earning a sponsor exemption to the 2018 Valspar Championship. He played in the Valspar Championship as an amateur, making the cut and finishing at 74th. This was his third professional tournament played as an amateur, previously finished T-63 at the 2017 Lincoln Land Charity Championship on the Web.com Tour and missing the cut at the 2017 John Deere Classic. His final win as an amateur came in 2018 when he defended his title at the 3M Augusta Invitational. Overall, Meyer won six college tournaments.
Meyer began his professional career at the 2018 U.S. Open where he made the cut and finished 20th overall. During the 2018-19 season, he played in five events on the PGA Tour, with his best finish tied for 7th at the Sanderson Farms Championship and also played on the Korn Ferry Tour.
- 2014 OFCC Fighting Illini Invite
- 2016 Western Amateur
- 2017 3M Augusta Invitational, Robert Kepler Invitational, Big Ten Championship, Tavistock Collegiate Invitational
- 2018 3M Augusta Invitational
Results in major championships
Results not in chronological order before 2019 and in 2020.
|The Open Championship||NT|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
NT = No tournament due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Sokeland, Kyle (May 18, 2015). "Glasses, visor and serious game: Dylan Meyer ready to take on world of pro golf". Evansville Courier & Press. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Werner, Jeremy (May 28, 2018). "Run ends: Illini golf misses match play for 1st time since 2012". 247sports. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- "Meyer shocks Horsfield to win 114th Western Am". Golf Channel. August 9, 2016. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Romine, Brentley (April 3, 2017). "Dylan Meyer's Augusta victory earns Illinois junior PGA Tour exemption". Golfweek. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "Dylan Meyer Completes Week at Valspar Championship". AmateurGolf. March 11, 2018. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Sokeland, Kyle (April 1, 2018). "Dylan Meyer defends individual title at 3M Augusta Invitational". Evansville Courier & Press. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "University of Illinois – 2017–18 Men's Golf Record Book" (PDF). University of Illinois. pp. 10–11. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Sokeland, Kyle (June 17, 2018). "Dylan Meyer finishes tied for 20th at US Open". Evansville Courier & Press. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Sokeland, Kyle (August 20, 2019). "Evansville native Dylan Meyer reflects on his first year of professional golf". Evansville Courier & Press. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- "Dylan Meyer". World Amateur Golf Ranking. Retrieved July 12, 2018.