'Maybe after a couple of years': Alesha Dixon reveals it's hard to think about having a second child... as she talks about the challenges of motherhood
She is currently one of the four famous faces to front Britain’s Got Talent.
But away from the TV screen, Alesha Dixon is busy trying to juggle her successful multi-faceted career with family life.
The 36-year-old, who is a doting mother to 19-month-old daughter Azura Sienna, has confessed that motherhood has its difficulties.
Scroll down for video
'Maybe after a couple of years': Alesha Dixon confesses she's is putting off her extending her family at the moment as she talks about the challenges of motherhood
‘Sleep deprivation is the hardest thing,’ she told OK! Magazine, before adding: ‘Everything else has been wonderful.’
On future plans to extend her family with partner, Azuka Ononye, the Mis-Teeq singer said: ‘When you’re exhausted, it’s hard to think of a second baby, but we’ll see! Maybe after a couple of years.’
Alesha also explained why she doesn’t feel any working mum’s guilt, with hopes that her hard-working ethic will inspire her baby girl.
The 36-year-old has confessed that motherhood has its difficulties but she loves it all the same
‘I don’t feel guilty because if I’m away she’s either with Azuka or my mum, and often she’s in her home and she’s happy,’ she said.
Later adding: ‘I’m going to work to do something I love and she’ll realise that as she gets older and it’ll hopefully inspire her.’
Meanwhile, the former Strictly champion recently revealed that she has refused her boyfriend’s multiple attempts at proposing.
Smitten: Alesha and her partner Azuka Onoye have been dating for three years and are parents to 19-month-old daughter, Azura
‘AZ has asked me to marry him loads of times now,’ the British star told The Sun. ‘He’s always doing it, but I always say no.’
‘It’s like he’s joking around,’ she added. ‘I want him to buy a ring and get down on one knee. When he does that I’ll say yes straight away. I definitely want to marry him.’
Alesha famously became relucatant to speak about her private life after the collapse of her first marriage.
The TV personality had been married to So Solid Crew MC Harvey before it was revealed that he had been having an affair with pop singer Javine Hylton.
Read the full interview with Alesha Dixon in OK! magazine, out now.
TV star: The mother-of-one is currently one of the four famous faces to front Britain’s Got Talent
Most watched News videos
- Boris Johnson hilariously references Michael Gove's club dancing
- FULL: Lori Vallow cop interview following death of Charles Vallow
- Grant Shapps says people will still have to take PCR test for travel
- Boris gets a lift during a run and then jogs into his hotel
- Horrifying: Mother re-enacts killing her son by burning him to death
- Moment gunfight breaks out between two gangs in the Bronx
- Father beaten to death by butcher after moaning about meat prices
- Prof Van-Tam on why all care workers should get vaccine
- Insulate Britain block Old Street roundabout in north-east London
- Insulate Britain: Policy is to move for vehicles with blue lights on
- Moment Barry Washington Jr is shot outside Oregon nightclub
- Romanian billionaire's plane crashes killing everyone on board