Having a sibling is like having a best friend and a worst enemy all wrapped up in one.
A sibling might make you angry or frustrated at times, but you couldn’t even possibly imagine your life without them.
There are plenty of adorable brother and sister quotes that describe the brother and sister relationship in a heartwarming and funny way.
I’ve gathered some of the most beautiful sibling quotes that you’ll definitely want to share with your brother or sister.
The sibling bond is one of the strongest bonds in the world, which is deeply rooted in our identity and character.
This bond is created at the earliest stage of our lives when we first meet our big sister, brother, or twin.
A sibling may help you develop skills such as social interaction with people, critical thinking, emotional attachment, etc.
Some people claim that the sister bond is even stronger than others because sisters typically share their emotions more openly than brothers.
Generally though, many would agree that there’s no better friend than a brother or sister, the one who knows you better than anyone else, knows how to make you angry and make you smile.
Read on to discover some of the best brother-sister quotes that perfectly illustrate this special relationship!
My Favorite Brother And Sister Quotes
Family quotes remind us of the strong relationship we have with our close relatives, which is one of the longest relationships of our lives.
These brother and sister quotes are one of the best ways to express your emotions towards your sibling.
I’m sure each of these beautiful sayings will put a huge smile on your sibling’s face and remind them of all the good times you’ve spent together:
1. “We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
2. “Side by side or miles apart, we’re brother and sister connected by the heart.” – Unknown
3. “As brother and sister our paths shall change, but the special bond between us will last forever.” – Unknown
4. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong.” – Jose Carreras
5. “Brothers and sisters can provide the most encouragement and support when life’s trials get us down. Talk to them!” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family.” – Trey Parker and Matt Stone
7. “It leaves a smile on my face when I think of those trifling fights we used to have and then suddenly made up. The memories may fade away with passing time but the love we share will only grow.” – Unknown
8. “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.” – Ann Hood
9. “The bond that binds us is beyond choice. We are brothers. We are brothers in what we share.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
10. “A trial between brothers has no winners or losers.” – Ekonda Proverb
11. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much as when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St. Francis of Assisi
Heartwarming Brother And Sister Quotes
Siblings will rarely admit how much they actually love each other, although everyone knows that brother and sister love has no equivalent.
These heartwarming love quotes may be a great way to express your feelings towards your sibling without having to say, “I love you”.
Here are some of the sweetest quotes about siblings:
1. “Brothers and sisters, separated by distance, joined by love.” – Chuck Danes
2. “As your baby brother I will make-believe with you, play dress-up with you, let you be a princess, tell stories in the dark, and always be your friend. As your little sister, I will build forts with you, shoot hoops with you, let you teach me to skip rocks, tell stories in the dark, and always be your friend.” – Unknown
3. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
4. “I sustain myself with the love of family.” – Maya Angelou
5. “I treasure the childhood memories we made together as brother and sister.” – Unknown
6. “We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” – Pam Brown
7. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
8. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day – that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
9. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” – Unknown
10. “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
11. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
Sweet Sister Quotes
A sister may be your best friend for life, but she’s also a mother-like figure that’ll scold you for doing something bad, and will offer you support whenever you need it.
These sister quotes show just how important a sister is in life:
1. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” – Benjamin Disraeli
2. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rosetti
3. “When traveling life’s journey it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.” – Unknown
4. “As I grew up, one of my strongest allies has been my sister.” – Patti Smith
5. “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.” – Sam Levenson
6. “Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” – Unknown
7. “What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate mashing of heart, soul, and the mystical cords of memory.” – Carol Saline
8. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” – Alice Walker
9. “A sister is a gift to the heart. A friend to the spirit. A golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Unknown
10. “A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
11. “No life’s worth more than any other. No sister is worth less than any brother.” – Michael Franti
12. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.” – Clara Ortega
13. “Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister.” – Irving Berlin
14. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” – Unknown
15. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
16. “How do people make it through life without a sister?” – Sara Corpening
17. “A ministering angel shall my sister be.” – William Shakespeare
18. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” – James DeVries
19. “The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world.” – Marilyn Monroe
20. “There’s no better friend than a sister.” – Mary Engelbreit
21. “When life’s hills become too steep to climb on my own, my sister takes my hand and reminds me that I didn’t have to climb it alone to begin with.” – Unknown
22. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” – Unknown
23. “When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.” – Unknown
24. “In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend.” – Catherine Killigrew
25. “Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.” – Ugo Betti
26. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
Lovely Brother Quotes
Brothers may not show their feelings as openly as sisters, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t love their siblings and family.
He might not say that he loves you very often, but you’ll know it even without hearing those words.
Brother love is best described in the quotes below:
1. “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesiod
2. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas. That’s what my grandma taught me.” – Lord Chesterfield
3. “I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother, and I found all three.” – Baba Amte
4. “All for one and one for all, my brother and my friend. What fun we have, the time we share. Brothers ’til the end.” – Unknown
5. “Of all the things I have to play, I’d choose my brother any day.” – Unknown
6. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose.” – Garrison Keillor
7. “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
8. “After a girl is grown, her little brother – now her protector – seems like a big brother.” – Terri Guillemets
9. “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ my dad would reply, ‘We’re raising boys.” – Hamon Killebrew
10. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” – Chloe Moretz
11. “There is no other love like the love for a brother. There is no other love like the love from a brother.” – Terri Guillemets
12. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.” – Antisthenes
13. “We are not only our brother’s keeper; in countless large and small ways, we are our brother’s maker.” – Bonaro Overstreet
14. “A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.” – Unknown
15. “We must learn together as brothers or perish together as fools.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
16. “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
17. “Help your brother’s boat across and your own will reach the shore.” – Hindu Proverb
18. “There’s no buddy like a brother!” – Unknown
19. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother. Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindla
20. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
21. “Brothers are just born to bother sisters.” – Unknown
22. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not before one another.” – William Shakespeare
23. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
Inspirational Quotes For Siblings
Your sister and brother know you better than anyone else.
A sibling will often offer you support that you didn’t even know you needed and will probably push you forward to pursue your dreams and aspirations.
Here are a few of my favorite inspirational quotes about brothers and sisters:
1. “We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, fortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.” – Rose Macaulay
2. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage.
Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” – Maya Angelou
3. “Siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” – Betsy Cohen
4. “Siblings share a mirror of each other. Having a sibling means you’re never the only one.” – Unknown
5. “Siblings function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
6. “I’ve been the oldest child since before you were born.” – E.L. Konigsburg
7. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
8. “Our siblings resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
9. “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
10. “You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil.” – Louis Farrakhan
11. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” – Pamela Dugdale
12. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the key to one’s unfettered more fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
13. “The meaning of siblings isn’t always about sharing.” – Unknown
14. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power which no subsequent connection can supply.” – Jane Austen
Funny Brother And Sister Quotes
Growing up with a sibling is an adventure of its own and people who grew up as only children might have a hard time understanding what it’s really like to have a brother or sister.
One of the defining characteristics of a sibling relationship is humor, and these funny brother and sister quotes will remind you of all the good times you’ve had with your siblings:
1. “Admit it: we always eat and drink slower than our brother or sister so that we can tease them at the end when we’re the only one with any left.” – Unknown
2. “You and I are brother and sister forever. Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up. As soon as I finish laughing.” – Unknown
3. “We may look old and wise to the outside world, but to each other, we are still in junior school.” – Charlotte Gray
4. “My brother has the best sister in the world.” – Unknown
5. “Having a sibling is having a ball!” – Unknown
6. “The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.” – Erma Bombeck
7. “I know it’s a cliché, but the whole family is just whacked. I mean, we’re all out of our minds. They’re the funniest, most eccentric, bizarre people I’ve ever met, my siblings.” – Dana Carvey
8. “Some relationships are like Tom and Jerry: They tease each other, knock each other down, irritate each other, but can’t live without each other!” – Unknown
Best Friend Quotes For Brothers And Sisters
Friends can become as important as our siblings, but our siblings are our best friends from the day we’re born.
A sibling has already seen you in every aspect of your life and knows exactly what you’re thinking without you saying a word.
Here are the best sibling sayings and quotes that show how important friendship between siblings actually is:
1. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner
2. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
3. “Friends are the siblings that God never gave us.” – Mencius
4. “Your brother and sister, if you have them, are the brother and sister you know best. They may not be the ones you like the best. They may not be the most interesting, but they are the closest and probably the clearest to you.” – James Salter
5. “Siblings that play together, stay together.” – Unknown
6. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends.” – Suzie Huitt
7. “Sibling relationships outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty, and distrust.” – Erica E. Goode
8. “Brothers are playmates at the beginning and best friends for life.” – Unknown
9. “Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close with them.” – Logan Lerman
10. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.” – Deepak Chopra
Siblings Quotes About Fighting
Sibling fights are very common in every family.
Most fights are caused either by jealousy between siblings or clashing personality types.
Just because you share the same blood doesn’t mean that you have to have the same personality as your sibling and agree on everything.
However, even though siblings fight, those who are close will never turn their back on each other.
Here are some of my favorite quotes about siblings fighting:
1. “I’m not a bossy sister! I just have better ideas.” – Unknown
2. “It snowed last year. I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.” – Dylan Thomas
3. “Everyone knows that if you’ve got a brother, you’re going to fight.” – Liam Gallagher
4. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” – Lemony Snicket
5. “Blood may be thicker than water, but it’s certainly not as thick as ketchup. Nor does it go as well with French Fries.” – Jarod Kintz
6. “It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… Someone to tell on!” – Unknown
7. “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother… And they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” – Winston Pendleton
8. “Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of years ago – the baby, the peacemaker, the caretaker, the avoided. It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled.” – Jane Mersky Leder
9. “Having siblings is weird because one second you want to strangle them and the next second you’re singing dramatic duets together.” – Unknown
10. “Fighting with siblings, especially the little ones, has always, and will always be the same. You fight with your hands tied behind your back. You know that you’ll lose. But you still fight back, either you want to annoy them or let them feel the extra satisfaction of beating you after a long fight. No matter which of the two ways you take, it clearly shows that you love them. A lot.” – Nishanth Anchan
11. “A friend is a brother who was once a bother.” – Unknown
12. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” – Jane Austen
I hope you enjoyed this collection of brother and sister quotes and found the perfect one to share with your brother or sister.
You can also print these quotes out and use them as cards, or transfer the one you like on a T-shirt as a present for a Siblings Day or birthday.
There’s no better way to say “Happy Birthday” than with a moving or a funny note (depending on your relationship with your sibling).
Finally, I think we can all agree on one thing – although siblings may sometimes drive us up the wall, we couldn’t imagine our lives without them!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.