Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
|Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls|
|Presented by||Bear Grylls|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Production locations||South Island, New Zealand|
|Original release||July 8 –|
August 26, 2013
Ten teams of two compete to survive in the wild of New Zealand with Bear Grylls as their guide. The teams will perform various tasks and missions as they battle unforgiving terrain: high mountains, glaciers, gorges, the rain forest, rivers and rapids. Each week Grylls will eliminate one team, and the last team remaining will win $500,000.
Season 1 (2013)
|Andrew "Lucky" Larson||58||Carpenter||Stillman Valley, Illinois||Father/Daughter|
|Andrea "Louie" Larson||24|
|Chris Winter||28||Telecommunication field technician||Dallas, Texas||Friends|
|Austin Vach||24||Technical Account Manager||Maple Valley, Washington||Father/Son|
|Jim Vach||61||Fraud analyst|
|Ryan Gwin||24||Technical analyst||Mobile, Alabama||Engaged|
|Madeline Mitchell||24||3rd grade teacher|
|Royce Wadsworth||25||Finance/Human resources||West Hollywood, California||Friends|
|Wilson Sheppard||40||Boat captain||Altadena, California||Married|
|Robin Sheppard||36||District sales manager|
|Canden Bliss Jackson||23||On-air Host||Los Angeles, California||Mother/Daughter|
|Donna Nettles Jackson||51||Fairhope, Alabama|
|Alicia Berkwitt||28||Entrepreneur||Marina del Ray, California||Dating|
|Spencer Hill||35||Bartender/Entrepreneur||Los Angeles, California|
|Esmeralda Depierro||25||Entrepreneur||Miami Beach, Florida||Married|
|Vanessa Vazquez||23||Biology student/Waitress||Chicago, Illinois||Friends|
- Fire: make fire for the whole group.
- Food: make sure the whole group gets fed.
- Obstacle: make sure all the teams go through the obstacles safely and efficiently.
- Shelter: make sure every team has good shelter, and is dry, safe, and warm.
|1||Lucky & Louie||LOW||LOW||SAFE||WINNERS|
|2||Chris & Jeff||LOW||SAFE||LOW||LOW||RUNNERS UP|
|2||Austin & Jim||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||LOW||RUNNERS UP|
|4||Madeline & Ryan||SAFE||LOW||LOW||OUT|
|5||Kyle & Royce||SAFE||OUT|
|6||Robin & Wilson||LOW||LOW||LOW||OUT|
|7||Canden & Donna||LOW||OUT|
|8||Alicia & Spencer||OUT|
|9||Dominic & Esmeralda||LOW||OUT|
|10||Erica & Vanessa||OUT|
- Safe: Winners of the challenge, safe from elimination for the week, and win a trip to the feast pit.
- Low: Team judged to be poor performers.
- Out: Team eliminated
Development and production
In October 2012, NBC gave a green-light for the production of eight episodes of the series. Auditions were held in December 2012 and January 2013 in nine cities in the U.S. The series was filmed in the South Island, New Zealand.
- "NBC Sets Debut Dates for Summer Schedule". The Futon Critic. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "NBC Announces 10 Teams to Participate on "Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls"". The Futon Critic. June 13, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Graser, Marc (October 8, 2012). "Bear Grylls takes on 'Get Out Alive'". Variety. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "NBC's New Adventure-Reality Series, 'Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls' (working title) Launches Nationwide, Nine-City Search For New Contestants" (Press release). NBC Entertainment. November 29, 2012. Archived from the original on June 8, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Discovery Network International Acquires "Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls" From Electus International To Air On Discovery Channel Internationally". The Wall Street Journal. April 4, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.