Habib Bank AG Zurich
|Founded||25 August 1967|
|Muhammad H. Habib (Chairman) |
Mohamedali R. Habib (CEO)
Hasan Habib (President)
|Owner||Mohamedali Habib Family|
Number of employees
|Parent||Gefan Finanz AG|
|Subsidiaries||Habib Metropolitan Bank|
Habib Bank AG Zurich is a Swiss multinational commercial bank which is based in Zurich, Switzerland. It has its operations in Hong Kong, Kenya, Pakistan, South Africa the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
Habib Bank AG Zurich was founded on 25 August 1967 by the Pakistani Habib family separate from their main banking business Habib Bank Limited which was later nationalized under the nationalization scheme.
The bank is fully owned by Gefan Finanz AG (incorporated in Zug), which is in turn owned by a trust structure. The trust is 100% owned by members of the Mohamedali Habib branch of the Habib family. The beneficial owners are:
- Habib M. Habib (25%)
- Muhammad H. & Hyder M. Habib (25%)
- Reza S. Habib (25%)
- other Habib family members (25%)
- "Habib Bank AG Zurich Annual Report PDF Free Download".
- Company Profile At Businessweek.com
- "HBZ Switzerland". Habib Bank AG Zurich. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "History". HBZ Bank Ltd. Retrieved 14 September 2017.