Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray + DVD
|List Price:||$19.99 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$6.97 (35%)|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
The Monkey King is back in this sequel to the 2013 Stephen Chow film JOURNEY TO THE WEST: CONQUERING THE DEMONS. Now tamed by Tang Sanzang, Monkey King has become one of Tang's disciples. Tang, Monkey King, Sandy and Pigsy band together to fight demons as they continue their journey west.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.3 x 0.45 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : BR50638
- Director : Hark Tsui
- Media Format : AC-3, Dolby, Dubbed, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 49 minutes
- Release date : June 6, 2017
- Actors : Kris Wu, Kenny Lin, Chen Yao
- Dubbed: : Thai, English
- Subtitles: : Thai, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, Indonesian, English, French
- Producers : Stephen Chow
- Studio : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B06XVMXGP1
- Number of discs : 2
Best Sellers Rank:
#7,128 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #1,044 in Action & Adventure Blu-ray Discs
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Is it a bad movie? No.
Does it require the suspension of disbelief as common to a Stephen Chow comedy? Yes.
Should you be familiar with the tale of Journey to the West? Most definitely.
Otherwise it'll just feel like a special effect filled B-movie :(
The story, look, makeup, dialogue and characters don’t match the first one and the CG, soundtrack and cinematography don’t either.
It’s an ok movie but it’s not directed by Steven Chow and doesn’t have the same level of humor and cleverness to it.
It’s more like a B rate cash-in that Disney does with it’s straight to video sequels.
If you get it, get it with that in mind. It’s not completely terrible but it’s not anywhere near the same league as “Kung Fu Hustle” or its predecessor.