List of airports in Georgia (country)
Georgia is a sovereign state in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. It is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the east by Azerbaijan. Georgia covers a territory of 69,700 square kilometres (26,911 sq mi) and its population is 3.7 million.
Georgian airports with number of passengers served in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020:
|Rank||Airport||City||IATA / ICAO||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||Change|
|1.||Tbilisi Airport||Tbilisi||TBS / UGTB||1,575,386||1,847,111||2,252,535||3,164,139||3,808,619||3,692,175||590,123||84.02%|
|2.||Kutaisi Airport||Kutaisi||KUT / UGKO||218,003||182,954||271,363||405,173||617,373||873,616||183,873||78.95%|
|3.||Batumi Airport||Batumi||BUS / UGSB||213,439||226,476||312,343||495,668||598,891||624,151||51,412||91.76%|
|4.||Queen Tamar Airport||Mestia||— / UGMS||1,343||4,465||4,214||7,256||6,858||8,625||3,165||63.3%|
|5.||Ambrolauri Airport||Ambrolauri||— / UGAM||1,723||1,582||1,966||1,214||38.25%|
Airport names shown in bold have scheduled passenger service on commercial airlines.
- † Adjara is an autonomous republic of Georgia.
- ‡ Abkhazia is a de facto independent state, and functions as such since the 1992-93 war. However, the vast majority of the international community consider it to be a part of Georgia, legally governed by the de jure Government of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia, even though Georgia has no control over it. (see also; International recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airports in Georgia.|
- Georgian Air Force and Abkhazian Air Force
- Transport in Georgia
- List of airports by ICAO code: U#UG - Georgia
- "Telavi Airport "Mimino" will be Officially Opened on April 25 - CBW.ge". CBW.ge. 25 April 2016.
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- "IATA Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "UN Location Codes: Georgia". UN/LOCODE 2012-1. UNECE. 14 September 2012. - includes IATA codes
- "Airports in Georgia". World Aero Data. - ICAO codes, coordinates
- "Airports in Georgia". Great Circle Mapper. - IATA and ICAO codes