Coast, sea Highlands & Islands – Unicorn Tours throughout Scotland
List of currently available
Scottish Islands & off the beaten track tours
– price per person –
displayed in date order
If there are no “Scottish Islands & off the beaten track tours”
(with a per person price to suit budget, student & individual travellers)
on your free days or to your preferred destination –
please feel free to contact us to arrange
a private & small group tour for up to 8 of your friends
- Guaranteed Stirling/Uni/Edinburgh/Glasgow area & additional pick up/drop off locations
- Tour location specific pick ups, i.e. on Shetland tours we will pick up from Aberdeen & anywhere on the Shetland Isles – on Orkney tours we will pick up from anywhere on the Orkney Isles – on Hebridean tours we will also pick up from any ferry port or from within the respective island or island chain, i.e. Mull, Skye, Lewis & Harris, the Uists, Barra, Islay & Jura, Arran, etc. – likewise on North, Westcoast or Borders & Galloway tours we will also pick up and drop off there.
- Ideal for individuals, couples or 3 – 8 friends travelling together, as you pay a per person price
Pick up/drop off locations are tour locations & route specific, but usually include:
- Outside your house/accommodation
- Stirling/Uni/area guaranteed
- Places along the route guaranteed
- Additional pick up/drop off locations on request,
often from Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews & Dundee
- Please check with us, if in doubt email@example.com
Small group Highlands & Islands adventure Tours
Discover off the beaten track, wild Scotland beyond the guidebook. Explore the finest routes and travel back-roads, where larger coaches won’t go.
10 reasons why to travel with us:
1. Personalised, tailor & custom made, as this is YOUR tour
2. We listen to your priorities, must-see places & accommodate your hobbies & interests
3. Flexible in every way to maximise your experience and you set the pace
4. Comfortable in modern mini-bus, best for groups of up to 8
5. We travel to spectacular locations beyond the guidebook, off the beaten track, where larger coaches can’t go
6. We pick you up from and drop you off at your location
7. Accommodation – any B&B, hostel or hotel – you chose your budget
8 We are multi-lingual & welcome our customers come from all over the world
9. Central Scotland based since 1996
10. We show you ALL of Scotland, incl. all the hidden places, where large coach tours won’t go
During the low season, which also happens to coincide with the autumn and spring semester of the Scottish Universities, we are not so busy and have more availability for our small group (maximum 8 passengers) mini-bus and driver/guide and it is then, especially on weekend dates or during holiday/mid-semester periods, when students are off, that we offer further discounted off-peak special tours, where we offer a price per person based on a minimum number to guarantee the tour departure. For those tours, we also guarantee pre-booked accommodation, but offer you the choice to opt out of it on our multi-day tours. While these tours will always pick up in the Stirling area, we will pick up throughout Scotland
* Short local highlights (1/3, 1/2, 2/3 and full day tours)
* 1 and 2 day tours
* 3 day and longer tours
* We offer 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 day etc. tours – check further below for more info
during which we get you to Scotland’s remotest corners, including the Northwest Highlands and Western or Northern Isles.
You state your accommodation preference (hostel, B&B or hotel) and will email you suggestions. We take you there with all over Scotland.
Pick up / drop off from almost anywhere incl. from Stirling, Dundee & St. Andrews Uni, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scottish airports, cruise- & ferry ports, etc. We take you to the best places. Relax, de-stress and forget all your worries in stunning and peaceful surroundings.
Easy – if you book today – we are flexible and take you on a tour tomorrow(subject to availability and we suggest to book early if you can).
Timings for prices start from pick up location and end at drop off location and exclude entrance fees, accommodation, food, drinks and ferries.
We offer something for everyone, spectacular landscapes, bens, lochs & glens, islands, beaches, cliffs & coast; nature & wildlife galore; historic towns, castles, standing stones & ancient monuments; whisky; culture from Outlander to Harry Potter and a lot more.
On our 50+ different tours, we cover the whole length & breadth of Scotland, the entire West, North & East coast & beyond – we are specialists for all of Scotland’s off the beaten track places, the Northcoast 500 route, Europe’s last wilderness & go everywhere from the beaches at the Mull of Kintyre or Galloway and across the border to Bamburgh castle in the South, all the way to the unique cliffs & prehistoric sites of the Shetland & Orkney islands in the North – to the Inner Hebrides – Mull, Iona, Skye, etc. & to a magical world apart on the Outer Hebrides – Lewis, Harris, the Uists, Barra, etc., stone circles, island hopping, wildlife, glorious beaches & nature galore.
During the semester speak to us on Thursdays in the Atrium about Highland tours (Unicorn Tours) and all your other travel needs (Unicorn Travel)
We have a good discussion with you in advance to find out exactly what you wish to get out and take away from the trip. We cater for all interests, including sightseeing, history, castles, nature, wildlife and any activities you chose which could include taking you on some of the most stunning or scenic short walks, showing you the most beautiful wildest and remotest mountains, beaches, visiting some islands etc.
* We offer 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 day etc. tours
If on a Friday your work/last lecture finishes at 3 pm and you are looking to get away for a full weekend tour, we can of course pick you up at 3.15 pm and you would just pay for two and 1/3 days, giving you a head start and by Friday night you could already be watching a Westcoast sunset or be chilling out at your Highland accommodation enjoying the stunning scenery. By opting for a one and 1/3, 1.5, one and 2/3, 2 and 1/3, 2.5, two and 2/3, three and 1/3, 3.5 days tour or so forth we will be able to show you more places at a reduced rate, offer you a greater experience and you are able to include highlights of a longer tour, that otherwise you would be unable to see. If for instance you have Sunday off and only need to be back on Monday at 12 noon, we offer you a one and 1/3 day tour and rate and so forth.
If you do have any questions, just ask and we will be happy to help.
. Prices are per person.
. We require a minimum paid participant numbers to guarantee the running of the tour.
. Often the tours are during low season and heavily discounted and also offer you an early booking discount.
. On the multi-day tours, there is usually also an additional discount, if 2, 3 or more friends book the tour together.
. Each tour is unique and some are shorter and longer, low or peak season and if you check the note for each special tour, you will see a price for the tour right on the top.
. Additional information about any possible extras, such as accommodation, ferries, entrance fee is also explained in each special tour itinerary..