Lady Charlotte Wellesley
Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo
|Born||Charlotte Anne Wellesley|
8 October 1990
St Mary's Hospital, London, England
|Father||Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington|
|Mother||Princess Antonia of Prussia|
Lady Charlotte Anne Santo Domingo (née Wellesley; 8 October 1990) is an English socialite and photography producer. Since 2016 she has consistently been listed in the annual Sunday Times Rich List.
Early life and family
Lady Charlotte Wellesley was born at St Mary's Hospital, London on 8 October 1990 to Princess Antonia of Prussia and Charles Wellesley, Marquess of Douro. After the death of her paternal grandfather, Valerian Wellesley, 8th Duke of Wellington, in 2014, her father succeeded him as the 9th Duke of Wellington, the 9th Prince of Waterloo, the 9th Duke of Victoria, and the 10th Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo. As such, she is part of the British, Belgian, Dutch, Portuguese, and Spanish nobility. Her mother, Princess Antonia, is the youngest child of Prince Frederick of Prussia and Lady Brigid Guinness. Through her mother, Lady Charlotte is a great-great granddaughter of Wilhelm II, German Emperor and a great-great-great-great granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Lady Charlotte grew up at Stratfield Saye House, her family's estate in Hampshire. She is the younger sister of Arthur Wellesley, Earl of Mornington.
Education and career
Lady Charlotte attended Wycombe Abbey, an all-girls boarding school in Buckinghamshire. She graduated in 2013 from the University of Oxford with a degree in archaeology and anthropology. While in university, she competed in the Fastnet Race, a yacht race organised by the Royal Ocean Racing Club.
On 28 May 2016 Lady Charlotte married Colombian financier Alejandro Santo Domingo in a Catholic ceremony at the Church of the Incarnation in Illora, Spain. The reception was held at her family's Spanish estate, Dehesa Baja. King Juan Carlos I of Spain and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall both attended the wedding.
The couple have two children, one born in 2017 and one in 2019.
- Willgress, Lydia (7 May 2017). "Duke of Wellington's daughter makes Rich List after marrying billionaire" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Sampson, Annabel. "Who is Rich List stalwart Lady Charlotte Wellesley?". Tatler.
- "Lady Charlotte Wellesley marries in Emilia Wickstead wedding dress". Fashion Quarterly. 30 May 2016.
- "The angry bride becomes the happy bride - Spain News in English". www.typicallyspanish.com.
- Correia, Roberta; Kreienberg, Maggie. "Our New Royal Wedding Obsession: Lady Charlotte Wellesley's Stunning Spanish Wedding". Brides.
- Gabillet, Annie (14 September 2018). "Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo". POPSUGAR Celebrity.
- "Lady Charlotte Wellesley's Wedding Dress Was Gorgeous — See Photos". InStyle.
- am, Hermione 1st October 2018 at 1:04 (28 May 2016). "International VIPs in illora Spain for an historic wedding".
- "Here's a Stunning Royal Wedding Dress to Ease the Post-Memorial Day Pain". 31 May 2016.
- Macon, Alexandra. "Lady Charlotte Wellesley Stuns in an Off-the-Shoulder Emilia Wickstead Wedding Dress". Vogue.
- "Lady Charlotte Wellesley Weds Alejandro Santo Domingo in Front of Royalty". PEOPLE.com.
- Watts, Robert. "The Sunday Times Rich List 2017: Boom time for billionaires" – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- Bickerstaff, Isaac. "Tatler Dynasties: Meet the Wellingtons". Tatler.