Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark
|Born||Nina Nastassja Flohr|
22 January 1987
St. Moritz, Switzerland
|House||Glücksburg (by marriage)|
|Greek royal family|
Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark (née Nina Nastassja Flohr; born 22 January 1987) is a Swiss businesswoman, heiress and socialite. She is a member of the non-reigning Greek royal family and a member of the extended Danish royal family as the wife of Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, son of Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark. Princess Nina is the founder and creative director of the Kisawa Sanctuary and the founder of the Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies, both located in Benguerra Island, Mozambique. She previously worked as the creative director of VistaJet, a luxury private airline company founded by her father Thomas Flohr.
Princess Nina was born Nina Nastassja Flohr on 22 January 1987 in St. Moritz, Switzerland to Thomas Flohr, a Swiss billionaire and founder of VistaJet, and Katharina Konečný, the creative director of the House of Fabergé and a founding editor of Vogue Russia and Vogue Greece. She has a half sister named Sophia, on her mothers side. Flohr was educated in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Flohr worked as the creative director of VistaJet, a private jet company founded by her father, until 2016. She collaborated with Moncler on cabin crew uniforms and worked with Nobu Matsuhisa to create deluxe menus for airplanes. Flohr also introduced an organic skincare and cosmetics line, toiletries from California, bespoke Italian linens, and duck-down duvets for the airline. She also partnered with Heywood Hill to provide books for the airline. As a branding concept, Flohr had $45 million Bombardier jets' tail fins painted with graffiti.
In 2012, Flohr was featured in a Fabergé advertisement campaign.
She is the founder and creative director of the Kisawa Sanctuary, a luxury hotel, and the Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies, an environmental conservation center, both located on Benguerra Island in Mozambique. She founded the sanctuary and conservation center in 2017 as a way to combine tourism and environmental concerns in Mozambique, where most of the national economy is built on the oil and gas industries. Kisawa is the world's first 3D-printed resort, having been created using a 3D printer with sand-and-sea-water mortar. The sanctuary includes a standalone spa, called the Natural Wellness Center, which specializes in traditional Chinese medicine and ayurvedic offerings. Flohr also had tennis courts, a gym, a yoga and meditation pavilion, four dining venues, twelve bungalows, a swimming pool, massage hut, and a water sports facility built on the property. The conservation center has a field marine station and laboratory focused on maintenance of local wildlife, including birds, turtles, whales, and sharks.
Flohr has been considered part of the European jet set, and is close friends with Bianca Brandolini d'Adda, Allegra Versace, and Margherita Missoni. She lives in Notting Hill, London and in California.
She met Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, the youngest child of Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark and a godson of Diana, Princess of Wales, in 2018. That same year, they appeared together in public at the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank. They made other official appearances as a couple, including the wedding of Lord Edward Spencer-Churchill and Kimberly Hammerstroem in 2018 and the wedding of Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon and Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg in 2019. In 2020 while vacationing in Ithaca, Greece, Flohr and Prince Philippos became engaged. The engagement was officially announced by the non-reigning Greek royal family's press office on 1 September 2020. They were married civilly on 12 December 2020 in a private ceremony in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Switzerland, the only guests at the wedding were the couple's fathers. In June 2020 they had a wedding party at Stibbington House, the Cambridge home of Thomas Philip Naylor-Leyland and Alice Naylor-Leyland. A Greek Orthodox ceremony took place on 23 October 2021 at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens. The ceremony was attended by members of the former Greek royal family and Queen Sofía of Spain, Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo, Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.
Titles and styles
- 12 December 2020–present: Her Royal Highness Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark
- "King and Queen of Greece Announce Son Prince Philippos Is Engaged to Nina Flohr". E! Online. 1 September 2020.
- Sports+, DH Les (5 September 2020). "Le prince Philippos de Grèce se fiance". DH Les Sports +.
- Bourne, Leah. "The Woman Selling Tsar Fantasies To A New Breed Of Super-Rich". Forbes.
- "Nina Flohr Is Flying High". W Magazine.
- "Quién es Nina Flohr, la recién esposa de Felipe de Grecia: hija de un magnate de los aviones privados y con un estilo de 10". Vanity Fair. 16 December 2020.
- "Introducing Nina Flohr, New-Age Aviation Royalty". 5 June 2016.
- David, Mark (10 January 2014). "A Wee Mea Culpa (and Correction)".
- "Princess Diana's Godson Prince Philippos of Greece Engaged To Girlfriend Nina Flohr". Marie Claire.
- Meichtry, Stacy (27 January 2012). "The Jet Set". Wall Street Journal – via www.wsj.com.
- "Another royal wedding! King and Queen announce couple's engagement with sweet photos". HELLO!. 1 September 2020.
- "Spa people - Nina Flohr | spabusiness.com". www.spabusiness.com/.
- "Nina Flohr Sophisticated London Home That Is As Cozy As Is Elegant |". 19 September 2018.
- Longo, Gianluca (14 September 2018). "Veere Grenney Brings Contemporary Comfort to a Classic English Home". Architectural Digest.
- "Habitually Chic® » Jet Setting Nina Flohr". habituallychic.luxury.
- "There Was a Surprise Royal Wedding Last Weekend". InStyle.
- "Princess Diana's Godson, Prince Philippos of Greece, Gets Married in Surprise Royal Wedding". E! Online. 16 December 2020.
- Tominey, Camilla (13 October 2018). "Royals, sheikhs, supermodels and oligarchs - what Eugenie and Jack's wedding guest list in full reveals". The Telegraph – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Royal Wedding Alert! Greece's Prince Philippos Is Engaged to Nina Flohr". PEOPLE.com.
- Pek, Chloe (25 October 2019). "The Descendant Of Napoléon Bonaparte Held A Lavish Wedding In Paris—These Are The Royal Guests Who Attended". Tatler Singapore.
- "Secret royal wedding for Princess Diana's godson Prince Philippos & Nina Flohr – PHOTOS". HELLO!. 16 December 2020.
- Hallemann, Caroline (17 December 2020). "Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Just Married His Fiancée Nina Flohr in a Small Private Ceremony". Town & Country.
- "Prince Philippos marries Zuger billionaire's daughter Nina Flohr".
- Herald, The National. "Prince Philippos of Greece Marries Aviation Heiress Nina Flohr". The National Herald.
- Pek, Chloe (17 December 2020). "Princess Diana's Godson, Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, Weds Long-Term Girlfriend Nina Flohr". Tatler Singapore.
- "Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Just Married His Fiancée Nina Flohr in a Small Private Ceremony". finance.yahoo.com.
- "Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Marries in a Romantic Minimony". theknot.com.
- "Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Marries Nina Flohr in Athens Ceremony". 23 October 2021.
- Cope, Rebecca (15 December 2020). "Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark marries heiress Nina Flohr in very intimate ceremony". Tatler.
- "Princess Diana's Godson Prince Philippos of Greece Marries Wife Nina Flohr for Third Time in Athens".
- "H.M. Dronning Anne-Marie 75 år". kongehuset. Danish Royal House. 27 August 2021. Retrieved 24 October 2021.
Dronningen er dagen igennem blevet fejret af Kong Konstantin, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.K.H. Prins Nikolaos og Prinsesse Tatiana (ikke med på billedet), H.K.H. Prinsesse Theodora og Hr. Matthew Kumar og D.K.H. Højheder Prins Philippos og Prinsesse Nina.