|Europe, South America, South-east Asia, South Asia, Middle East, Africa|
|Chinese short name|
Nubia Technology is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. Originally started as a wholly owned subsidiary of ZTE in 2012 and it became an independent company in 2015 and received a significant investment from Suning Holdings Group and Suning Commerce Group in 2016. ZTE reduced its stake in Nubia to 49.9% in 2017 officially meaning Nubia was no longer considered a subsidiary of the company, but an associate company.
In April 2018, Nubia Technology launched a gaming sub-brand, named RedMagic. RedMagic recently announced its new 5G compatible device RedMagic 5G on March 12, 2020 in Shanghai. RedMagic is known for being the only smartphone brand to put cooling fans inside their phones.
On April 13, 2020, Nubia Technology unveiled a brand new logo as well as its new brand vision.
- "China's Nubia becomes independent from ZTE to gain traction in smartphone market". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 10 June 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "关于受让股权的关联交易公告" [Announcement on related-party transaction for buying equity stake in a company] (PDF) (in Chinese). Suning Commerce Group. 30 April 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Disposal of 10.1% of the equity interest in Nubia Technology Limited, ZTE Corporation, 27 July 2017, Retrieved on 8 April 2018
- "ZTE Hangs Up on Money-Losing Nubia Unit". Caixin Global Limited. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Nubia to sponsor Jiangsu Suning FC for RMB150m". ytsports.cn. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "ZTE's Nubia aims to become top five smartphone brand globally". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "Smartphone maker Nubia plans plant in Jiangxi". China Daily. 9 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Nubia's Red Magic smartphone is designed for gaming, down to the glowing LEDs on the back". The Verge. 19 April 2018. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- "Nubia Just Stuffed the First Active Fan Inside a Smartphone - ExtremeTech". www.extremetech.com. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Amadeo, Ron (13 March 2020). "Red Magic 5G gaming smartphone has 144hz display, internal cooling fan". Ars Technica. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Jeet (13 April 2020). "Nubia unveils new logo and brand vision as it expands product categories". Gizmochina. Retrieved 10 May 2020.