|Head of Fundraising at The Conservative Party|
|Assumed office |
21 December 2001
|Preceded by||Jane Keene|
|Born||9 January 1961|
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill |
Mike Chattey has been married to Baroness Charlotte Vere since 2016.
Responsibilities[change | change source]
Mike as Head of Fundraising has responsibility for the donation and fundraising efforts of the Conservative Party including managing the parties extensive donor clubs  as well as presiding over the annual Tory Party Fundraising Ball 
Early life and Education[change | change source]
Chattey attended school at Milton Abbey School in Dorset between 1974 and 1979, before he temporarily moved to the North Carolina in order to attend University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1980. Chattey also attended the University of the West of England from 1980 to 1984 gaining a 2:1 in Business Studies.
Career[change | change source]
Mike Chattey spent 2 years as regional salesman in the south west for Calor Gas. He then moved to London to start a 15-year career in Advertising predominately for Evans Hunt Scott and Leo Burnett Advertising working on South African Airways, COI, Kelloggs, Procter & Gamble, McDonalds, Kodak, Sun Alliance and Commodore Computers. He was hired by Lord Ashcroft in 2002 to join The Conservative Party's Treasurers' Department. He was promoted to Head of Fundraising in 2012.
Controversy[change | change source]
- In October 2015, Chattey came under fire after a Buzzfeed investigation found that the Conservative Party’s fundraising department had accepted over £1.3million from Lycamobile, their biggest corporate donor at the time.
References[change | change source]
- "Brexit Secretary David Davis resigns". 9 July 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- "Tories hit by exit of top fundraising marketer". www.campaignlive.co.uk.
- says, Come on Eileen! Mike Butcher is honoured in Queen's Birthday Honours LIst-Medical Matterz (10 June 2016). "Come on Eileen! Mike Butcher is honoured in Queen's Birthday Honours LIst". The BLN.
- "PM pummelled by Brexiteers for packing Queen's Honours list full of pro-EU pals". The Sun. 10 June 2016.
- "Donate". Conservatives.com/donate.
- "ANDREW PIERCE: Will fists fly at the Tories' summer bash?". Mail Online. 23 May 2016.
- Dennys, Harriet (9 July 2014). "City Diary: Boris Johnson says London's 'jam' covering regions' 'dry Ryvita'" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Tories hit by exit of top fundraising marketer". Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- "RocketReach - Find email, phone, social media for 250M+ professionals". RocketReach. Retrieved 2018-07-21.