Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg
Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg (Polish: Matylda, German: Mechthild) (1276 – 26 April 1318) was a German noblewoman and member of the House of Welf. By birth, she was a duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg and by marriage Duchess of Glogów, Ścinawa, etc.
During her marriage, Matilda gave birth to nine children, five sons and four daughters. After Henry III's death in 1309, and despite the fact that her eldest son Henry IV the Faithful was of legal age to rule by himself, Matilda became the regent of her husband's duchies (except Glogów, which was given to her by Henry III in his will as her dower) until 1312.
- Henry IV the Faithful (born c. 1292 – died 22 January 1342).
- Konrad I (born c. 1294 – died 22 December 1366).
- Bolesław (born c. 1295 – died before 23 April 1321).
- Agnes (born c. 1296 – died 25 December 1361), married firstly on 18 May 1309 to Otto III, Duke of Bavaria and secondly in 1329 to Alram, Count of Hals.
- Salome (born c. 1297 – died before 9 December 1309).
- Jan (born c. 1298 – died by 19 May 1365).
- Katharina (born c. 1300 – died 5 December 1323/26), married firstly before 24 March 1317 to John V, Margrave of Brandenburg-Salzwedel and secondly by 27 January 1319 to John III, Count of Holstein-Plön.
- Przemko II (born c. 1305 – died 11 January 1331).
- Hedwig (born c. 1308 – died before December 1309).
On her death, Glogów was inherited by her sons Henry IV and Przemko II as co-rulers until 1321, when they divided their domains and Przemko II retained Glogów as sole ruler.
|Ancestors of Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg|
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Welf". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Cawley, Charles, BRUNSWICK, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy,[self-published source][better source needed]
- Genealogical database by Herbert Stoyan
Matilda of Brunswick-LüneburgBorn: 1276 Died: 26 April 1318
| Duchess of Glogów
Henry IV the Faithful
and Przemko II