The documentary series, which is available for streaming on November 1, focuses on the January 6 Capitol Riot. In an October 28 letter to Fox Corporation CEO Lachlan Murdoch, Jonathan Greenblatt, the CEO and national director of the ADL, encouraged Murdoch to cancel the show over claims that the riots were "false flags".
The letter argues that Carlson and a number of other "disinformation artists" who were interviewed for the piece made suggestions that the insurrection was a "false flag" and that the "Left is hunting the Right, sticking them in Guantanamo Bay... leaving them there to rot."
"Let's call this what it is: an abject, indisputable lie and a blatant attempt to rewrite history. As an organization committed to fighting antisemitism and all forms of hate, we remain deeply concerned that the false narrative and wild conspiracy theories presented by Carlson will sow further division and has the potential to animate violence," Greenblatt wrote.
- Poland warns of further large migrant clashes Thousands of migrants were massing near the Belarus border on Monday, Polish authorities said, as European Union member states called for more sanctions against Minsk. Libby Hogan reports. Reuters
- SpaceX crew return home to Earth after nearly 200 days in space Crew in SpaceX's Dragon capsule splash down safely in the Gulf of Mexico. Video Credit: Julie Sanders / Twitter @ _tehgreat Reuters
- More than 60 million Americans have not received the Covid vaccine New York Times columnist David Leonhardt noticed that the gap in the Covid death toll between red and blue America continues to grow. Dr. Nahid Bhadelia explains why she says we’re also losing ground against a diseases we’ve already defeated. MSNBC
Newsweek reached out to Fox News for comment.
This is a breaking news story that will be updated.
- Republican Adam Kinzinger Rips Fox News Over New Tucker Carlson Special: 'Disgusting'
- Jewish Rights Groups Call Out D.C. Climate Group for Its Alleged Anti-Semitic Stance
- Tucker Carlson to Launch Jan. 6 Riot Documentary—Suggests Was 'False Flag'