|Released||May 30, 2022|
|Christina Aguilera chronology|
|Singles from La Tormenta|
La Tormenta (transl. The Storm) is the second solo and Spanish-language extended play (EP) by American singer Christina Aguilera. It was released through Sony Music Latin on May 30, 2022 as the second part of her ninth studio and second Spanish-language album Aguilera (2022), following up La Fuerza. Aguilera decided to release the album in an unconventional way, one part at a time. While La Fuerza focused on strength and female empowerment, the content on La Tormenta is centered around vulnerability and heartbreak. Argentine singer Tini provides guest vocals on the EP's lead single "Suéltame".
La Tormenta was released as an EP on May 30, 2022, featuring five original songs. The version of La Tormenta featured on Aguilera features an additional version of "Cuando Me Dé la Gana" with Mexican singer Christian Nodal as the closing track. La Tormenta was followed by the third EP of Aguilera, titled La Luz.
Background and recording
While recording her second Spanish album in Miami, Aguilera thought about a way to combat the fact that she takes "a long time between records", wanting to find a new way to release music. She developed the concept of a three part album, with each part reflecting a different theme: strength, vulnerability and healing. The first part of the album, La Fuerza (transl. "The Strength") which was about strength and womanhood, was released on January 21, 2022. The full Spanish album, Aguilera was released on May 31, 2022, and features all of the songs from the EP La Tormenta as well as its predecessor La Fuerza, and a new version of "Cuando Me Dé la Gana" featuring Christian Nodal.
The release of the EP was postponed for a few days due to the Uvalde school shooting. La Tormenta premiered on May 30, 2022, and was released commercially for digital download and on streaming platforms worldwide by Sony Music Latin.
Music and singles
"Suéltame" with Tini was released as the first single from the EP and as the fourth single from Aguilera on May 30, 2022. It was released simultaneously with its parent EP and one day before Aguilera. A music video has been teased by Aguilera.
A ranchera from the EP, "Cuando Me Dé la Gana", was nominated for Best Regional Song at the 23rd Annual Latin Grammy Awards, and has been called a "masterpiece" by Billboard magazine's Sigal Ratner-Arias.
|1.||"Suéltame" (with Tini)||2:53|
|4.||"Cuando Me Dé la Gana"||3:26|
|5.||"Te Deseo lo Mejor"||2:36|
- All songs co-produced by Afo Verde
- All songs vocally produced by Jean Rodríguez
|Various||May 30, 2022||Sony Latin|||
- Christina Aguilera on Her Career & How Her Daughter Feels About Her Music | Women in Music 2022, retrieved 2022-07-24
- "Christina Aguilera Announces New EP 'La Tormenta' & a Collaboration With Tini". Billboard. Archived from the original on May 25, 2022. Retrieved May 25, 2022.
- Avila, Daniela (May 24, 2022). "Christina Aguilera Announces New Spanish EP La Tormenta and New Single 'Sueltame'". PEOPLE.com. Archived from the original on 2022-05-24. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Christina Aguilera announced that she will do a song with Tini Stoeseel". Rio Negro Newspaper. 23 May 2022. Archived from the original on May 25, 2022. Retrieved May 25, 2022.
- Christina Aguilera on Her Career & How Her Daughter Feels About Her Music | Women in Music 2022, archived from the original on 2022-05-05, retrieved 2022-05-25
- Betancourt, Bianca (October 22, 2021). "Christina Aguilera's New Spanish-Language Track, "Pa' Mis Muchachas," Is So Damn Good". Harper's BAZAAR. Archived from the original on December 17, 2021. Retrieved January 16, 2022.
- "La Fuerza EP – Digital Download". Christina Aguilera official website. Archived from the original on January 21, 2022. Retrieved January 21, 2022.
- Major, Michael (May 31, 2022). "Christina Aguilera Releases New Album 'Aguilera'". Broadwayworld. Retrieved May 31, 2022.
- Roiz, Jessica (May 31, 2022). "Christina Aguilera's 'La Tormenta' EP & Sultry Tini Collab Have Arrived: Stream It Now". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on July 21, 2022. Retrieved July 21, 2022.
- Nunes, Caian (May 26, 2022). "Christina Aguilera adia lançamento de músicas após mortes no Texas". POPline (in Portuguese). POPline Produções Artisticas & Comunicação LTDA. Archived from the original on July 21, 2022. Retrieved July 21, 2022.
- "La Tormenta – EP by Christina Aguilera". iTunes. Retrieved May 30, 2022.
- "Suéltame"(video) coming soon. New album #Aguilera out now!". Retrieved 2022-06-03.
- Enos, Morgan (September 20, 2022). "2022 Latin GRAMMYs Nominees Announced: See The Complete List". Grammy Awards. Archived from the original on September 21, 2022. Retrieved September 21, 2022.
- "Best Latin Albums of 2022". Billboard. December 19, 2022. Retrieved December 23, 2022.