- Attended Loyola Academy in Wilmette, Illinois, graduating in 1994.
Graduated from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. in 1999. Majored in English.
Shortly after graduating from Georgetown University, Jonathan Nolan served as a production assistant on Memento (2000).
Wrote the short story, "Memento Mori", on which the film Memento (2000) is based.
Was co-writer, with his brother Christopher Nolan, on The Prestige (2006), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012). Also co-wrote the Terminator Salvation (2009).- IMDb Mini Biography By: Peter A.
- Often writes in a way that is non-linear, making stories that are broken up chronologically.
- Claims to have writer's block every day. Also considers himself to be a writer who "hates writing", but loves "having written".
- He's known for having a very foul mouth and swearing a lot in interviews although his projects tend not to have much profanity in them.
- Born in London and raised in the Chicago area.
- [on working with his brother Christopher Nolan] I've always suspected that it has something to do with the fact that he's left-handed and I'm right-handed, because he's somehow able to look at my ideas and flip them around in a way that's just a little bit more twisted and interesting. It's great to be able to work with him like that.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content