Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nash in 2012
|Born||Jason Eric Nash|
May 23, 1973
|Spouse(s)||Marney Hochman (divorced)|
|Subscribers||3.08 million (Jason Nash)|
214k (Jason Nash Family)
631 thousand (Views Podcast)
|Total views||518 million (Jason Nash)|
9.9 million (Jason Nash Family)
14 million (Views Podcast)
Jason Eric Nash (born May 23, 1973 in Boston, Massachusetts) is an American actor, comedian, and YouTube personality. Best known for his channel on Vine, he was also a semi-finalist on Last Comic Standing in 2010. In 2016, Nash co-produced and starred in the movie Jason Nash is Married and then in FML alongside friend and fellow YouTuber Brandon Calvillo. In 2016 also, he started to appear in David Dobrik's vlogs as one of The Vlog Squad and later started his own Youtube Channel.
Jason Nash moved to Los Angeles with the aspiration of becoming a comedian. Years into his life in Los Angeles, Nash built a presence on Vine and had over two million followers. This was his first crack at the social media world, before becoming a YouTuber later on in his career. Nash trained with the Upright Citizens Brigade and started his career as a member of the sketch troupe "Price, Nash and Blieden". The trio developed television shows for Fox and NBC and were chosen three times to perform at the Aspen Comedy Festival.
Nash wrote, directed and starred in his Comedy Central web series "Jason Nash Is Married", which was based on his one-man show "In the Land of Tall Buildings and Red Fire Engines". A film version of "Jason Nash Is Married" was released in 2014 starring Busy Philipps. Nash also created the web series "How to Be a Man and The Shaman". In 2016, Nash starred and directed his own screenplay, a road trip comedy film "FML" featuring fellow Vine star Brandon Calvillo.
Nash co-created the long-running podcast "Guys with Feelings" which debuted in 2006. He has developed shows for Fox, NBC, CBS, Oxygen and IFC. Nash is currently a YouTube vlogger, and has over 3 million subscribers on his main channel. Nash became a Youtube Vlogger after being discovered by fellow Viner, David Dobrik, one night at a comedy club. He began his Youtube career as a character in David Dobrik's vlogs, and soon began to upload his own videos. His first video was uploaded on December 2, 2016.
Nash also runs a weekly podcast named "Views" with fellow YouTube personality David Dobrik. During its debut in 2017, "Views" climbed to #3 on the iTunes charts. Jason Nash and David Dobrik also took their podcast on a live tour across the US in summer of 2018, with their fellow youtube friends, called the "Vlog Squad". They called it the "VIEWS" Tour. This included performances from other Youtubers such as Scotty Sire, live stories and a live Q&A session. Nash has stated that he is focused on Youtube as his career and because of this he uploads multiple times a week. For approximately one year, Nash had a second channel titled "Jason Nash Family" dedicated to his life with his children, Charley and Wyatt. This channel was later shut down by the request of his ex-wife Marney, who requested that the children would not be on the internet in such a drastic way. Because of this, Nash has put all his attention to his main Youtube channel.
Nash graduated from Medfield High School in 1991 and then attended college at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. After he left college, he worked as an assistant to Norm Macdonald on Saturday Night Live. Nash moved to Hollywood in 2001 when he was cast on the sketch show Random Play for VH1.
With his ex-wife Marney Hochman, Nash has 2 children. He was in a relationship with fellow Youtuber Trisha Paytas. The couple began dating in 2017, but were reported to have separated in February 2019.
Television and film
|2005||Drake & Josh||Waiter|
|2009||House||Process paper server|
|2012||1000 Ways to Die||Harley|
|2014||Jason Nash is Married||Jason Nash|
|2016||The Simpsons||Southie Criminals / Philantrophic Southies||Season 28, Episode 3: "The Town"|
|2019||Liza on Demand||Guest at party||Season 2, Episode 9: "New Year’s Eve: Pt 1"|
- DAVID DOBRIK [@DavidDobrik] (23 May 2017). "Happy birthday to one of my favorite seniors. Thank you for letting me broadcast your mid life crisis to the world" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Jason Nash on Last Comic Standing". TVGeekArmy.com. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- "Vine". Vine.
- "Nash with Upright Citizens Brigade". Comedy Central.
- Goldstein, Gary. "Fun 'Jason Nash Is Married' explores love and showbiz". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Nash, Jason (2014-06-24), Jason Nash Is Married, Jason Nash, Busy Philipps, Casey Wilson, retrieved 2018-04-06
- "Jason Nash says "FML" in his new indie comedy -". thelaughbutton.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- McNary, Dave (2016-03-31). "Vine Stars Jason Nash, Brandon Calvillo Join Road Trip Comedy 'FML' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Jason Nash, a Guy with Feelings". laist.com. Archived from the original on 14 December 2008. Retrieved 11 December 2008.
- "Jason Nash". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Jason Nash's YouTube Stats (Summary Profile) - Social Blade Stats". socialblade.com.
- "Video". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- "Jason Nash - The Shorty Awards". shortyawards.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-08-12. Retrieved 2013-08-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Video". www.tubefilter.com. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- Carrie, Stephanie (2014-02-18). "How Jason Nash Makes a Living in Web Series". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Asarch, Steven (February 4, 2019). "YouTuber Trisha Paytas Calls Out David Dobrik and Vlog Squad for Manipulation". Newsweek. Archived from the original on May 27, 2019. Retrieved August 25, 2019.