Family tree of the British royal family
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before James VI/I
- See Family tree of English monarchs, Family tree of Scottish monarchs, and Family tree of Welsh monarchs. This also includes England, Scotland and Wales; all part of the United Kingdom as well as the French Norman invasion.
For a simplified view, see: Family tree of British monarchs.
- : Red borders indicate British monarchs
- : Bold borders indicate children of British monarchs
House of Stuart
|House of Stuart|
House of Hanover
|House of Hanover|
House of Windsor
|House of Windsor|
- House of Windsor
- House of Stuart
- House of Hanover
- Family tree of British monarchs
- Alternative successions of the English crown
- Line of succession to the British throne
- Monarchy of the United Kingdom
- Title as King of England
- "Succession to the Crown Act 2013, s. 3". legislation.gov.uk.
A person who (when the person marries) is one of the 6 persons next in the line of succession to the Crown must obtain the consent of Her Majesty before marrying.
- "The Tudors (1485–1603) and the Stuarts (1603–1714)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "The Hanoverians (1714–1837)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "Saxe-Coburg & Gotha (1837–1917) and the Windsors (1917 – Present Day)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2010-07-30.