Below is a list of all General Motors cars and models that have come out so far. This General Motors vehicle model list includes photos of General Motors vehicles along with release dates and body types of each car. GM cars are also featured on the best-selling cars by brand and the most reliable cars. Did you use to drive one of the old General Motors cars on this list? The company has had hits and misses, but definitely have put out some great cars. Among the GM vehicles from various GM brands listed below are the Chevrolet Camaro, the Chevrolet Volt, and many other GM models.
What cars does GM make? Who does GM own? Among the General Motors brands are Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. GM makes all kinds of vehicles, from GM sports cars, SUVs, and smaller cars as well. They are all here on this list of GM cars and other General motors products.This list of car models made by General Motors is a great way to see how General Motors has evolved over the years and learn about all the GM car companies. General Motors types also have car class information available if you click on their names and go to their dedicated page.
- Photo: CARL SPENCER / FlickrThe Hummer H2 is an SUV and SUT that was marketed by General Motors under the Hummer brand. It is a large truck, while being longer, lighter, and taller, with room for six or seven passengers, than the H1. The rearmost part of the H2 SUV was modified to a pickup truck bed for the 2005 H2 SUT. The Hummer H2 was the only one of the trucks to have the letters HUMMER between the grille. The H2 SUT is considered a pick-up truck for its abilities to haul cargo with an extendable box to reach 6 feet in length. This makes the SUT able to haul the same cargo most trucks can haul.... more
- Make: Hummer, General Motors
- Class: Full-size car, Sport utility vehicle, Pickup truck
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)The Pontiac GTO is an automobile that was built by the Pontiac division of General Motors from 1964 to 1974, and by the GM subsidiary Holden in Australia from 2004 to 2006. The first generation GTO was a muscle car of the 1960s and 1970s era. Although there were earlier muscle cars, the Pontiac GTO is considered by some to have started the trend with all four domestic automakers offering a variety of competing models. From 1964 until midway through 1973, the GTO was related to the mid-sized Pontiac Tempest/LeMans. The 1974 GTO was a one-year only optional package available on the compact-sized two-door Pontiac Ventura. The GTO model was revived from 2004 to 2006 model years as a captive... more
- Make: Pontiac, General Motors, Holden
- Class: Intermediate
- Photo: marada / FlickrThe Chevrolet Volt is a plug-in hybrid manufactured by General Motors, also marketed in rebadged variants as the Holden Volt in Australia and New Zealand, and with a different fascia as the Vauxhall Ampera in the United Kingdom and as the Opel Ampera in the remainder of Europe. Sales of the 2011 Volt began in the U.S. in mid-December 2010 followed by various European countries and other international markets in 2011. As of December 2014, the Volt and Ampera models have combined global sales of over 88,000 units, with the U.S. as the leading market with over 73,000 Volts delivered since its introduction in 2010. As of December 2014, about 9,700 Opel/Vauxhall Ampera cars have been sold in... more
- Make: General Motors, Chevrolet
- Class: Plug-in hybrid, Compact car
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainThe Cadillac Escalade is a full-size luxury SUV engineered and manufactured by General Motors and marketed under the Cadillac brand. It was Cadillac's first major entry into the popular SUV market. The Escalade was introduced for the 1999 model year in response to German and Japanese competitors and to Ford's 1998 release of the Lincoln Navigator. The Escalade project went into production only ten months after it was approved. The Escalade is built in Arlington, Texas. The name Escalade refers to a siege warfare tactic of scaling defensive walls or ramparts with the aid of ladders or siege towers. The 1999 Escalade was identical to the 1999 GMC Denali, but was redesigned for the 2002 model... more
- Make: General Motors, Cadillac
- Class: Sport utility vehicle, Pickup truck