The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
University of California, Los Angeles (MBA)
|Known for||Founding Classic Media,|
President of Marvel Enterprises (former)
Eric Ellenbogen is an American entertainment executive known for co-founding Classic Media and serving as CEO of Marvel Enterprises from 1998 to 1999. He is the chief executive officer and vice chairman of WildBrain.
In 1987, Ellenbogen became head of Broadway Video. In 1996, he became president of Golden Books Family Entertainment. Ellenbogen was appointed CEO and president of Marvel Enterprises in November 1998 and served until July 1999.
Together with John Engelman in May 2000, Ellenbogen launched Classic Media. After the sale of Classic Media to Entertainment Rights in 2007, Ellenbogen left the company, along with Engelman. The two collaborated in January 2008 with GTCR to form Boomerang Media, LLC. Boomerang Media purchased Entertainment Rights in 2009, bringing Classic Media back under his control.
In 2012, DreamWorks Animation acquired Classic Media and renamed it DreamWorks Classics. At that time, he became the head of DreamWorks Animation's television division, DreamWorks International Television. Later in 2016, DreamWorks Animation and its assets, including DreamWorks Classics, was purchased by NBCUniversal. DreamWorks Classic, reverted to the Classic Media name, was restarted with Ellenbogen as co-president and co-head of DreamWorks International Television.
In 2018, he joined the board of directors of WildBrain. He was named Canadian animation company WildBrain's CEO and board vice chairman in August 2019 after serving as a senior advisor since April 2019.
- Class of 1982
- "Leadership". WildBrain. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- "Marvel gets new CEO". Money. November 24, 1998. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- Rhoades, Shirrel (2008). A complete history of American comic books. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing. pp. X–XI. ISBN 9781433101076. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- Jill Goldsmith, Jill Goldsmith (Jan 9, 2005). "Finding gold in Classic fare". Variety.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "$200 Million for New Content Company". ICV2. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Boomerang Media Acquires Entertainment Rights". ICV2. April 3, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Vlessing, Etan (August 30, 2019). "'Teletubbies' Owner DHX Media Names Ex-Marvel Head Eric Ellenbogen CEO". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Pinto, Jordan (August 30, 2019). "Eric Ellenbogen to lead DHX as CEO". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
| Marvel Enterprises CEO
F. Peter Cuneo
| Marvel Enterprises President
F. Peter Cuneo
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|