Friedrich Christian, Elector of Saxony
|born on||5 September 1722 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Dresden, Germany, 51n03, 13e44|
|Timezone||LMT m13e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°10' 11°38 Asc. 08°00'|
Prince-Elector of Saxony for less than three months in 1763. He was the third but eldest surviving son of Friedrich August II, Prince-Elector of Saxony and King of Poland, by his wife, Maria Josepha of Austria.
In Munich on 13 June 1747 (by proxy) and again in Dresden on 20 June 1747 (in person), Friedrich Christian married Maria Antonia of Bavaria. Like him, she was exceptionally talented in music and the couple had nine children. After a reign of only 74 days, Frederick Christian died of smallpox on 17 December 1763 aged 41.
- parent->child relationship with Anton, King of Saxony (born 27 December 1755)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich August I, King of Saxony (born 23 December 1750)
- parent->child relationship with Karl Maximilian, Prince of Saxony (born 24 September 1752)
- child->parent relationship with August III, King of Poland (born 17 October 1696 (greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Maria Josepha, Queen of Poland (born 8 December 1699 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Maria Antonia, Electress of Saxony (born 18 July 1724)
- sibling relationship with Clemens Wenceslaus, Prince of Saxony (born 28 September 1739)
- sibling relationship with Franz Xaver, Prince of Saxony (born 25 August 1730)
- sibling relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of Spain (born 24 November 1724)
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Electress of Bavaria (born 29 August 1728)
- sibling relationship with Maria Christina, Princess of Saxony (born 12 February 1735)
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Princess of Saxony (born 9 February 1736)
- sibling relationship with Maria Margaretha, Princess of Saxony (born 13 September 1727)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Sächsische Merckwürdigkeiten Oder Vollständige Alte, Mittle und Neue Historie von Sachsen Und dem Durchlauchtigsten Chur und Fürstlichen Hause so dasselbe beherrschet" by Johann Christoph Rüdiger (Weidmann, 1724), p. 1091: "Fridericus Christianus, Leopoldus, Georgius, Franciscus Xavierus, wurde gebohren zu Dresden am 5ten Sept. 1722. Morgens gegen 5. Uhr." (Translation: born in Dresden on 5 Sept. 1722 towards 5 o'clock in the morning).
On 19 April 2017, Scholfield changed the rating from B to A, quoting news report from "Oprechte Haerlemsche courant," 15 September 1722, p. 2: "Dresden den 8 September. De Ceur-Prins is den 4 van Wermsdorf hier te rug gekomen ; en den volgende morgen ten 5 uuren is fijn Gemalin voor de derdemael van een gefonde Prins in het Kraembed bevallen." (Dresden, 8 September. The Elector-Prince returned on the 4th from Wermsdorf; and the next morning at 5 o'clock his consort gave birth to a healthy Prince).
Full name: Friedrich Christian Leopold Johann Georg Franz Xaver von Sachsen.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (9 children)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)