This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2oolman performing in 2017
|Birth name||Tim Hill|
|Born||Six Nations of the Grand River Ontario, Canada.|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, record producer|
Tim Hill, known professionally by 2oolman, is a Mohawk Canadian record producer and disc jockey from Six Nations Of The Grand River. He is a member of the Canadian electronic music group A Tribe Called Red.
Hill debuted his career by producing for local acts in the Toronto area before participating in Red Bull’s Big Tune beat-making battles in Detroit, MI. After the departure of the A Tribe Called Red's DJ Shub, Hill joined the group.
Hill’s musical style can be categorized as hip-hop and dance music. With influences from his Indigenous heritage, Hill's dance music can be categorized in the powwow-step genre which has been described as “dancehall or dubstep with a pulsing combination of spoken word and traditional tribal sounds”.
- "A trio of First Nations DJs is reclaiming the way indigenous culture is portrayed in culture". Public Radio International. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- "Tim '2oolman' Hill's musical tribute to Six Nations of the Grand River". CBC Radio. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- Cunningham, Jonathan. "Tonight: Red Bull Big Tune Beat Battle". Detroit Metro Times. Retrieved 2020-01-21.
- "A Tribe Called Red The Halluci Nation Is Real". exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2020-01-21.
- Mertens, Max (May 21, 2019). "Haviah Mighty: 13th Floor". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- "A Tribe Called Red: Electro hip-hop beats with a backstory". The National. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- "A Tribe Called Red Honors First Nations Culture With 'Powwow Step'". HuffPost Canada. 2016-11-30. Retrieved 2020-01-21.