Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Benenden School is a private boarding school for girls, was founded in 1923. Located in Kent, in the small town of Benenden, a 1.5-hour drive from London. More than 90 years old and one of the best schools in the UK.
This is the only English school that offers full-board tuition only.
Benenden School is rightly called a boarding school for the 21st century. Highly qualified teaching staff helps realize the potential of students. In each girl, individuality is brought up, personality traits of character and ability develop. At the same time, they are taught to bear responsibility for the surrounding world and people around. The school is highly regarded for the community in which girls live and study.
The training is aimed at comprehensive preparation for admission to the chosen university. Each student receives detailed advice from teachers, she helps to create an individual program that will help achieve their goals.
The school has 550 students.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Samantha Price, education - Malvern Girls' College, University of Edinburgh, Master of Arts. Has a certificate with the right to teach in primary and secondary school.
FAMOUS SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain
- Yuki Amani, Japanese actress
- Paulie Baker, artist
- Basma Talal, Princess of Jordan
- Gillian Baverstock, writer
- Imogen Boorman, actress (film "Hellraiser 2")
- Lettis Kurtis, aviator
- Joe Dipple, journalist, executive director of UK Music, advisor to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, 2007-2008.
- Xanthe Elbric, actress (film "The Set of Lies")
- Liz Forgan, journalist
- Rosie Hartwait, journalist
- Georgina Hartland, Pentathlete, 2004 Olympic Champion
- Victoria Hervey, model
- Penny Junor, journalist
- Ellie Kendrick, actress (film "Education of feelings", the series "Anne Frank Diary", "Game of Thrones")
- Eliza Maningham-Buller, Director of MI5 English Secret Service
- Gene Medawar, writer
- Sarah Mulvey, television producer
- Morgana Robinson, comedian
- Sue Ryder, Charity Manager
- Fiona Shackleton, Lawyer, Representative of the Royal Family
- Charlotte Van Holt, artist
- Vironika Vedli, journalist
- Joana Embling, Real Estate Consultant
- Rachel Weiss, actress (films "The Mummy", "Constantine: Lord of Darkness", the series "The Simpsons")
- Graduates traditionally enter the most highly competitive specialties at prestigious universities, including the Russell Group universities.
- The school offers a very productive and stimulating curriculum that maintains the perfect balance between tradition and innovation in learning.
- Cohabitation teaches girls important life skills: tolerance, understanding, the ability to find compromises and a common language with other people.
- The school has a warm family atmosphere, inspiring fruitful learning and self-improvement.
- The academic program is combined with a diverse program of extracurricular activities, provides great opportunities for interest-based classes and comprehensive development.
- At the Benenden School, girls are only accepted with fluent oral and written English. Usually they enter school at 11, 12 and 13 years old. It is necessary to apply (preferably 4 years before the intended admission). Then you will need to pass the Common Entrance exam.
The school covers an area of 250 acres. It has excellent equipment: art studios, its own theatre with 300 seats, a music school, dance classes, a research centre (considered one of the best among British schools), a center for design and technology. The school has a large sports complex, a swimming pool, tennis courts, playgrounds for playing sports.
The program for obtaining a certificate of general secondary education. Required subjects: 7 subjects and 4 optional subjects.
A two-year university preparatory program. Pupils choose 4 or 5 subjects. Each subject is studied 5 hours a week.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
All girls live in a residence. High school students live in one of 6 houses. High school students live in single rooms in their own separate residence, which includes 4 houses. Each house has its own original interior: from traditional to modern in bright colours. A very comfortable relaxed atmosphere is created in the residence, after school the girls with pleasure return home.
The houses have a common lounge, a computer room and a small kitchen. In each house there are mentors who look after the girls and help if necessary. Girls are always completely safe.
Each high school student is a “school mother” for a new middle school student, helps her younger friend adapt, talks about the rules in the hostel. This helps new girls get used to school life faster and make friends.
Each student can try various sports and take part in school teams. Pupils perform at competitions, including at the national level. Physical education can be chosen as an additional subject on the GCSE and A-level programs.
The following sports are offered: lacrosse, netball, tennis, swimming, athletics, hockey, squash, rowing, rugby, horse riding. You can do badminton, cycling, Pilates, yoga, aqua aerobics, fitness, dancing, Zumba, golf.
A very important role in the life of the school is played by the theatre. 40% of students choose it as an additional subject for study. At the Benenden School is the famous drama school theatre, where each student can feel like a real actress. Submissions are regularly held with girls. Many students after school connect their lives with theatre, television and cinema.
The school provides great opportunities for playing music. 30 teachers conduct more than 400 individual lessons per week. Two-thirds of students study music. The school has a huge number of groups: from the church choir to folk groups, there are wind and string ensembles, a symphony orchestra. School concerts are held every Friday. Girls also perform at prestigious music venues in the country.
The school seeks to give its students the opportunity to fully reveal their talents, so lectures and master classes by famous musicians are regularly held. Girls have a unique opportunity to take part in such famous musical groups as the National Youth Orchestra, the National Children's Orchestra, the famous youth choir Rodolfus.
£14,501 per semester.
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as requiredby British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.