Peu del Funicular (Barcelona–Vallès Line)
|Metro del Vallès commuter rail station|
|Owned by||Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya|
|Platforms||2 side platforms (on the main line)|
2 side platforms (on the funicular)
|Tracks||2 (on the main line)|
1 (on the funicular)
|Structure type||Partially underground|
|Fare zone||1 (ATM)|
Peu del Funicular is a railway station in the Sarrià-Sant Gervasi district of Barcelona. It is served by lines S1 and S2 of the Metro del Vallès commuter rail system, and is also the lower terminus of the Funicular de Vallvidrera. Both commuter rail and funicular are operated by Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, who also run the station.
The station has twin tracks on the main line, with twin side platforms. The main part of each side platform is in tunnel, and only long enough to accommodate two cars, although narrow extensions in the open air of the Sarrià side of the station allow passenger to disembark from, but not board, a third car. When four car trains are used, the car at the Vallès end of the train stops beyond the station and the doors do not open. Stairs, lifts and a footbridge connect these two platforms with the street level station entrance above, and with the funicular terminus above that.
The first station on the site opened in 1906, when it was the terminus of the line from Sarrià, providing an interchange with the funicular that allowed passengers to continue their journey to Vallvidrera on the hill above. In 1916, the Collserola tunnel, and the line onward to the Vallès opened. As a result, the station's platforms moved to their current, partly underground location.
- "Memòria de Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya" (PDF). Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya. 2018. p. 76. Retrieved 5 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Peu del Funicular" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2014-01-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Peu del Funicular". Transporte Barcelona (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-12-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Media related to Peu del Funicular station at Wikimedia Commons
- Information and photos about the station at Trenscat.com