Sant Gervasi (Barcelona–Vallès Line)
|Barcelona Metro rapid transit station|
Metro del Vallès commuter rail station
|Owned by||Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Fare zone||1 (ATM)|
Sant Gervasi is a railway station located under Plaça Molina in the Sarrià-Sant Gervasi district of Barcelona. During off-peak periods it is served by line L6 of the Barcelona Metro. During peak periods, additional services are provided by lines S5 and S55 of the Metro del Vallès commuter rail system, whilst service on line L6 is reduced or removed altogether. All these lines are operated by Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, who also run the station.
The station has twin tracks, with two 80 metres (260 ft) long side platforms. It is located close to Plaça Molina station, on metro line L7. The two stations are connected by a pedestrian tunnel, within the fare paid area of both stations.
The first Sant Gervasi station opened in 1863 and was situated in a cutting with a station building at ground level. The current station was opened in 1929, when the line serving the station was put underground.
- "Memòria de Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya" (PDF). Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya. 2018. p. 76. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Sant Gervasi" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "L6 Pl.Catalunya - Reina Elisenda" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Sant Gervasi". Transporte Barcelona (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-12-26.
- Media related to Sant Gervasi station at Wikimedia Commons
- Information and photos about the station at Trenscat.com
- Information and photos about the station at TransporteBCN.es
|This article about a railway station in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Barcelona Metro article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|